Howdy from Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate0001

Reaction score
Howdy everyone,

Been lurking the forum a lot but finally decided to register. :p New to wine and all things fermenting.

On a whim one day, I decided I wanted to try making mead. So I went to the LHBS and bought everything I needed. I've got three batches going and now I've become obsessed with all the different recipes for mead and wine I'd like to try. :)

Are there anything I can make that will be done in 1-2 months? Would love to have some stuff while waiting for the mead batches to finish since those won't be good until October.

Hi Nate! I'm in NW Austin near Anderson Mill. Glad you joined. I don't think you will get a good wine from a kit or homemade within 2 months. The best I would suggest is a Island Mist kit, regular or modified. Those are intended to be early drinkers and they would be mostly ready in 8-10 weeks. I made the mango citrus symphony and bumped up the ABV to 11% by adding additional sugar. Everyone loved it. Also it is an inexpensive kit. There are several varieties at Austin Homebrew. I'll be happy to give you a bottle or two of my wine if you need to wet your whistle in the meantime! I even have 2 bottles of the mango citrus left from last summer. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for the welcome. :D

I'll definitely check out some of those Island Mist kits and skeeter pee. Sounds like something good that will satisfy my itch while I wait to build my stock up. :)

@ibglowin

I was looking at beer, but it looks like I'd need a more serious investment in equipment to brew some good beer. Unless you can get buy without spending 100s more. I haven't looked into it enough.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back