hello from Wisconsin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieL

Junior
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I just started making wine from wine kits in Dec 2008 and have been reading this forum ever since. Now that I am an official member I can't wait to hear from everyone and get your advise. This forum has been very helpful so far. Cheers! Laurie

Welcome to the forum LaurieL. We can always use more collective experiences. Be sure to share your experiences as well as question.

Welcome Laurie....

You will find a lot of friends and info here.......................

So far I have made a VN Riesling, VN Piesporter, VN Castel del papa, Gewurtztramiener, RJ Ocean Breeze Black cherry Pinot, and now I am working on a Island Mist Black Raspberry Merlot. My next kit is a VN Sav. Blanc. Not sure what to do after that.

With all those kits that need just a bit of aging you may want to look into some that need a longer aging time. MM's all juice kits would be a good choice. You may even want to consider making some wine from scratch.
VC

I have considered that as well. I actually would love to make a cranberry wine from scratch this fall. We'll see what happens
smiley1.gif

Cranberries make a terrific wine, cyser, cider, mead & hubby just made a beer with some that he'll be oaking next month.
VC

If yo cant make it from scratch the Vintners Harvest wine base cans do very well with this flavor, use the 3 gallon recipe. What took you so longto jump in? Glad to have you here finally!

HI Laurie, Where in Wisconsin are you located. I am in Hayward and have made several cranberry wines as they are abundant here altho not cheap! Welcome to this great forum! Lots of help and very friendly people.

Hi Laurie, I'm a little south of Barney, I'm in Janesville. This forum is full of lots of nice people and tons of great advice and ideas. Welcome aboard!

Hi Laurie Welcome to the forum! Nice to have another 'nearly neighbor' on the site. After a while here, it doesn't really matter where you are - we're all neighbors in the Wine Neighborhood!

Great to see you've had so much experience with the Vinifera Noble wine kits. They are 'on my list' of kits to get - I prefer reds but like a white from time to time just not sure I ever want 30 bottles of a single white really. It would probably 10 years to drink that much in a white - but I have been considering trying the VN red kits. I don't have a lot of good storage for aging, so the quick drinkers are a Good Thing in my book, but I still want a "good" quick drinking wine too!

Anyway enough about me this is a welcome to you! Glad you joined us.

I am from the LaCrosse area....right on the old Mississippi and great view of the Bluffs.

Welcome to the forum, Beautiful spot your in there, drove through about a year ago on the way to Southern Wisc to visit friends.

Welcome aboard Laurie! As you can see we are a friendly bunch. Enjoy and tell us what's happening in your winery!
smiley1.gif

Welcome Laurie, glad to have you on board. I look forward to hearing from your successes.

Hi Laurie,
I am also from Wisconsin, between hannabarn and motogirl. I am in Madison.

Sounds like you have already been having lots - o - fun with winemaking!

Latest posts

Back