Hefe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did that too. Bout 5 months til I got a boil pot. Then about anotherr year I built my keggle. It pays off quickly the savings by going all grain. It now costs me about $30 a batch for 10 gallons of tasty beer.

paubin said:
Ive been extract and partial mashing for years. Maybe someday go full mash but for now I'm happy with the fast easy low clean up...lol

Pete

Same here. I'm just about ready to start doing the full mash though.

Randoneur,

DO you bottle or keg? I bottled my first 3-4 batches and then said to hell with that.... Bought a kegerator and a buddy of mine got his hands on some corny's. Mostly did extract and PM brewing. After talking with the guy who runs my LHBS I was convinced to go all grain. Still only 5 gallons at a time. But the cost savings compared to extract cost saved a lot of coin.

Last year in April, I met Smurfe who was very generous and not only allowed me to brew with him, but also gave me a 10 gallon mash tun and HLT. Earlier this year I gathered the pieces and then built a keggle. I try to brew at least once a month if it isn't too hot here in South Louisiana. I force myself if I run out though.

I bottle mostly because I give away a lot of beer. I'll be dammed if I'm giving away kegs...lol. Na, sooner or later I'll go kegs and full mash but not until I have a good spot for a bar and such. I'm sure I'll still bottle a lot though.

Pete

I still bottle and probably will keep on doing so. I'll always need to be able to share some of each batch. I guess the thing to do would be to just bottle part of the batch and leave the rest in a keg once I have a kegerator.

Get yourself a counter pressure filler or just use the cobra tap and the # 2 bung and bottle from the tap, way faster!!!!

WHAT!!! And miss all the fun of over and under filling not to mention the inevitable spills. What would I do with my spare time if not mopping. Damm Wade your just akin all the fun out of this!!! LOL

Pete

Latest posts

Back