i need a date palm wine recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a recipe from one of my books. No guarantees. I have never made this.

For each gallon of finished wine:

Dates: 2.25 lbs
Sugar: 1.5 lbs
Citric acid: 2 T
Grape tannin: 1 t
Water: 1 gallon
Yeast and yeast nutrient
Pectic enzyme

Chop or mince dates and pour boiling water, in which the sugar has been dissolved, over them. Cover the bucket with a heavy cloth and add the other ingredients when the mixture is cool. Ferment on the pulp for a week and then strain into a fermenting jar (Carboy) and fit with an airlock. Top the wine with water if necessary. Ferment to dry, rack and clear and bottle.

I suppose you could back sweeten if you choose to after adding K-meta and K-sorbate, but this is not part of the recipe. This recipe is from First Steps in Winemaking by C. J. J. Berry.

Last edited:
don't just add the amount of sugar that a recipe calls for, add enough sugar to bring your juice to 1.085 or there abouts.

i hope it turns out good i just spent half a day cleaning ,removing the seeds and chopping up dates now i got 15 pounds in the freezer ready to be used

I really want to know how this comes out. I cooked down a bunch of dates for jelly once.......once. My house stunk so bad everybody left. When they came back it still stunk. Every time I openned a jar of that jelly it turned my stomach and I never could eat it.

Latest posts

Back