Dried Fruit F pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShelleyDickison

President of Stay at Home and Do Nothing Inc.
Reaction score
The Niagara Cherry Wine I started awhile back doesn't seem to have the Cherry flavor I would like. I still have a pound bag of dried dark cherries in my cabinet and was wondering if I could make a FPack with them. If not, does anyone have a suggestion. It's been aging for a couple months, so I have time to do whatever is needed. Thanks.

"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever." - Aristophanes

I've been trying something similar with dried fruits, really subtle so far if anything. For Cherry though I've used the pure concentrated juice they sell at the health and nutrition stores as a health supplement. Nothing but pure juice and I've seen it in cherry, blueberry and cranberry. I've only tried the cherry so far and you want to be very sparing.
Mike

Did you make it using dried cherries to start out with? WVMJ

The Niagara Cherry Wine I started awhile back doesn't seem to have the Cherry flavor I would like. I still have a pound bag of dried dark cherries in my cabinet and was wondering if I could make a FPack with them. If not, does anyone have a suggestion. It's been aging for a couple months, so I have time to do whatever is needed. Thanks.

"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever." - Aristophanes

This is what I used

12 pounds frozen Cherries from Harris Teeter (that’s all they had and 4 stores later can’t find anymore).

3 gallons of White Grape Juice (Non Concentrate) it is a 5-gallon batch.

I put 1 pound of dried cherries in secondary also.

It is only been aging since December 27. I just took a little taste test to see how it was progressing.

You dont have many cherries in there, the dried ones would probably be a good idea to add them all right into the must, make sure to keep stirring them so they get mixed in. Your wine is young so you cant expect it to taste good yet, but you dont have enough cherries in it. There is also the concentrate mentioned above, the thing with that is you have to watch the acid levels, if you add to much concentrate it can really add a lot of acid and throw the balance way off quickly. WVMJ

This is what I used

12 pounds frozen Cherries from Harris Teeter (that’s all they had and 4 stores later can’t find anymore).

3 gallons of White Grape Juice (Non Concentrate) it is a 5-gallon batch.

I put 1 pound of dried cherries in secondary also.

It is only been aging since December 27. I just took a little taste test to see how it was progressing.

Latest posts

Back