Taking Wine Pictures

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVMountaineerJack

Reaction score
What is the best way to take pictures of wine, especially deep red wines? I have tried just taking pictures of it in a bottle but its just a dark bottle of something. Has anyone figured out a way to light up a bottle just right to get a good picture? Or how about in a big wine glass, what is the best way to take a picture of those?

WVMJ

i would put the wine in a clear glass crystal bottle, make a reflector from cardboard square covered in aluminum foil....put hole in middle and add light, then either backlight it are sidelight it.

Another idea I like is having a glass sitting on the railing of a deck. Take a close up of it but have an interesting background that may or may not be blurred out. If I'm shooting a bottle to be published I drape a white cloth from above and let it roll onto the table with no creases. Now I have a perfect white background and only the bottle in the picture. Lighting can sometime be tricky. It works good if you can do it outdoors without any shadows.

This is one I took of a strawberry mead on some beekeeping frames in a super, in this one you can see through the bottle but in our darker ones its just going to be basically black, those are the ones we want to take pics of also. Thanks for the suggestions, WVMJ

IMG_0448.jpg

I have a few taken outside, another using a white background (though I wish there had been no creases). And I only inserted four photos, yet five posted?

For less than $40 you can get a nice tabletop photography tent setup which includes backdrops, lights, etc.... definitely worth it if you have reason to use it: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LP8G0G/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

ForumRunner_20130513_051116.png

ForumRunner_20130513_051139.png

ForumRunner_20130513_051209.png

ForumRunner_20130513_051256.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130513_051042.png
    ForumRunner_20130513_051042.png
    379 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back