Wine Tastings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
It was off to Malvern yesterday to visit with a clan of Kats kinfolks who made the trek up fom Texas for a day visit. It was requested I grill up ome of my famous hamburgers and I took along a selection of wines I have recently received from friends on the forum for a wine tasting party. From Al Fulchino ther was a bottle of his special blend, from gaudet there was a Mulberry &his Muscadine Port and from Dragonmaster there was a bottle of Orange spiced mead. I got this one picture and then started getting a card read error and could not get any more pictures.

IMG_3866.jpg

Everyone really enjoyed the different varities and the consensus was that Al's blend was a very well balanced wine with a nice fruity nose and very smooth for a red with such a heavy mouthfeel. It had a good balance of tannnins and acid and might have been able to handle a little more oak.
gaudets Mulberry had a nice nose upon uncorking and was decanted and allowed to open up and breathe a bit before enjoying. This was my first experiene with Mulberry and while a bit young it still hada nice balanced mouhfeel and fruitiness that I believe will get a lot better with some age.
The Muscadine Port definately needs some aging and everyone agreed it was just "too hot"right now which overpowered the taste of the Muscadines. Some age will smooth this out considerably and a year or two in the bottle will bring it around nicely. The after lunch tasting was Dragonmasters Orange spiced mead and the consensus on it was "Damn" that is really good !!! And indeed it was Anthony. I really liked the long finish on this one that let you keep enjoying it long after you had swallowed. A perfect balance of the fruit & spices make this one really good. You need to post your recipe for this one podner.

Thanks Waldo.....

I too think the port is a tad on the jet fuel side. Not bad, but a little too much right now. Hopefully time will fix that one. I am glad you enjoyed the mulberry as I think its going to be really good. I came home from work the other day and found out the missus had given a bottle of it away and it made me almost cry. (I only made 3 gallons and its a precious commodity)

Hope that you guys had a good grillin session. Those look like tasty burgers...

Waldo marinates his 'burgers' in muscadine wine. shhhhhhhhhhhhhh -
that's his secret.

hahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

rrawhide

That sounds like an excellent way to visit there Waldo food and wine sounds great.

Back