Started my first kit today!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naomi Bermea

Junior
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to wine making! I started my first kit (Dashwood New Zealand Pinot Noir) today. I've been participating in the bottling and drinking but that's it. :)I thought it would be fun to actually make the wine this time.I will let you know how it progresses. :)

20090104_174754_NaomisFirstWine.JPG
EP_sm.jpg

Welcome Naomi,
pinot noir is one of my favorite. This is a great place to learn. Even the best learn from each other. So we are here if you need help.

You really picked a great wine to start with. Welcome to our ever growing family of knowledgeable wine makers. We can answer any questions you might have.

Hi Naomi. It is much more fun controlling the whole process of making your wine, but sampling it can be good too. Have fun.

Hi Naomi.

Welcome to WINEMAKING!
Keep us informed as there is a wealth of information here if you have any questions. All you have to do is ask !

whats really nice is that you get so many bottles...now you can enjoy that wine over its age-able life rather than what usually occurs when you buy something off of a shelf.....with that you are limited to just a snapshot of its life....it may be a great snapshot, but it still is just one snapshot

also, just an fyi...there is a protocol that all new members go thru and adhere to here....the first seven people who reply to you get one bottle from your first batch...where do we send our addresses! :)

this has been proven to bring the new wine maker good fortune

Al, Come on!!! You know that it is just the first 5 !!!!
smiley13.gif

Naomi, send my bottle to the Polish Wine Princess. I owe her one.
smiley1.gif

Lets split it ... the !st 6 responces

hehe that's ME !
smiley2.gif

oh no...its the first seven, i looked it up in my rule book..and since i have actually never ever had a pinot noir this has worked out real well

OK al,

The 1st SEVEN...

I also LOVE Pinot Noir

Hi Naomi...

I thought your name and picture sounded familiar. Your pictures of Steve and you I have seen priviously...... You have fun making wine and joining us here on the fourm.....You have a great partner there....to make wine with..

Ramona

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the warm welcome!! I will keep you informed on my progress! My next step is stirring in two days because I need to keep my oak down!! :) :)

I've sort ofbeen involved because he clutters my kitchen sink and I trip over the boxes he leaves everywhere. :) This wine kit is all about me! :) He's my partner but he is not helping me directly, just advising. I'm excited about doing it by myself.

Quote from Steve "Read the instructions"

Yes.....read the insructions.....I started two kits today..and have the instrucions down....but probably should read them each time.......Don't want to second guess of miss someting....You will do just GREAT.....making wine.....Good for you!!!!! Enjoy every step in the process...!!!!

Ramona

Welcome Naomi!
I transferred my 1st kit - a Pinot Noir also -to secondary today. I love your enthusiasm!
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Good Luck and you will find great knowledge and help here.

Back