Muscadine / Niagra blend??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
The drought we had in the spring really played havoc with my muscadines. I was only able to harvest 20lb of grapes from 5 vines. I was thinking of making a bronze muscadine / Niagra white grape concentrate blend wine with this. Has anyone tried this before?

Also, I normally use EC 118 or KV1116 yeast for all my wines. What would be another good alternative yeast to try? I just feel like changing things up.

Well, I never blended my muscadine but I think the bronze and niagara would blend well together. I use 1116 for my grapes and 1122 for my fruit. the 1122 is more fruit forward.

I have not done muscadine but I have blended a lot with niagara. Ensure you do at least 3-4 bench trails with the person you will be sharing this wine with the most for a second opinion. You just might fine you like a few different ratio's and come up with two different wines or maybe only one mix will really work for you.

well I've blended the bronze before with a few different types of grapes mixing them with most any red makes an awesome blush whether it be wine grape or other muscadine I'd say mixing with a niagara would probly be wicked.

I normally use around 30lbs of muscadine for a 5 gallon batch, so I am short just a little short. I was thinking of adding 4 cans of Welch's white grape to it to give a little more body.

I'd say you'll still have more than enough muscadine taste

Back