New Smoker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
As I just received a smoker as a gift and have never done and smoking and knowing that lots of you guys do a lot of smoking hows about some nice rub recipes??? :a1

Dang Wade whats next? Wine, beer fishing, smoking.....women or croquet?:fsh

Women are too complicated. :slp

Wade while i've done some smoking over the years i've never made my own rub. We have a local place called Jungle Jim's that sells nearly everything even beer & wine making supplies. I get all of my meat rubs there and i'm not sure but they might sell online.

I blend the following in a food processor and store in a gasseted canister. The quantities are listed as parts (I use 1/4 cups)

8-brown sugar
4-salt (Kosher or Sea)
1-chili powder
1-barbeque mix seasoning
2-black pepper (course grind)
2-paprika
1-garlic powder
2-red pepper (cayenne)
2-cumin

I try to add the rub at least a couple hours prior to smoking. For the last hour of smoking I place the meat in a foil pan, pour a bit of Barbeque sauce over it and cover tightly with foil to finish up. Don't be scared to skin whole chickens to smoke, they won't dry out. Use pliers to remove the membrane from a slab of pork ribs. Pork shoulders (buts) do great. Salmon, very yum. Don't forget Mike's suggestion a few weeks ago to save used oak spirals and cubes to add to smoke box.

That sounds pretty good. Mike, I will but Im exhausted today and just havent put it all together.

OK, so the Smoker doesn't officially exist for a day or so......

I have a super secret rib rub recipe but you will have to pass a background check, drugs test...... :sm

two years ago's my son in law and myself built one out of plywood and it works great until last week when we got 70 mile an hour winds then it went rolling across the yard and broke into four pieces now I get to rebuild

Having put grills and smokers together myself before, I think we need step by step pictures. Don't leave out facial expressions as you try to "insert the lithinode distrillitor pack into the scringe under the panel marked Varnicle Reflexelator Chamber". Are you planning to use it by July 4th or Labor Day?

I have done smoking. It's been awhile. I use my rubs now for other type of meat cooking now.

I have some rub recipes....

Somewhere....

Now where are they?

As I just received a smoker as a gift and have never done and smoking and knowing that lots of you guys do a lot of smoking hows about some nice rub recipes??? :a1

%tselectric which I would have never bought bt its heer now and I sure aint paying for any shipping on this thing plus I dont want to hurt anyones feelings. It is a good size one though. I juust git home a few minytes ago from leaving thius morning at 6:00 so no pics again tonight, it is assembled today but need to get wood chips to use it still.

Thanks all, Here are the pics of the new smoker as promised. Have to go get some chips and meat for it in awhile so I can hopefully fire this thing up tomorrow for some Baby Backs!! Yummmmmmmm!

Smoker 1.jpg

Smoker 2.jpg

I agree it sure does look like a nice smoker. Is that thing completely double walled all the way around? If so you probably wont want to part with it once you use it.

Good consistent, low heat is what your after with that smoker. I try to keep my smoker's temp. right around 225º. And remember if your look'in you ain't cook'in

Whoever gave it to you gave you something you will love, You will be OBSESSED with smoking like U R with Wine & Beer.

Back