My smoker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2PUPs

Reaction score
This is what I do my texas style Qing on , It is a homemade UDS that I built at work . Puts out the best Q for a cheap price of the build . I will only use new 55 gall. drums not used .

001.jpg

Last edited:
I want to see more pictures. That smoker just looks really Bad Arse. What are the copper pipes for with the shut offs. I assume to control the draft, but two of them?

Last edited:
Possibly for steam or 02 to get the fire going better and hotter at points?

I want to see more pictures. That smoker just looks really Bad Arse. What are the copper pipes for with the shut offs. I assume to control the draft, but two of them?

The two copper pipes are for air-intake . Heres a few more of it in action .

008-11.jpg

006-9.jpg

006-9.jpg

the big green egg. nothing beats it!

FYI, my dad has over 20 years experience in the kitchen as a prof. chef (both a degree in culinary and restaurant managment). the big green egg produces the best bbq. no questions asked. even i can make good meal on one. it will make a so-so bbq'er a badass bbq'er. just be careful as the thing can get over 700F no problem. gotta regulate the heat, but once you figure the right temps to cook things, presto, the most juicy, bbq'ed meat/food you'll ever eat. no bs. we've owned ours for 10 years and use it all the time. winter is no obsticle!!

oks like you have Brisket on.
Here is what I use

Smoke Vault.jpg

2Pups what are you doing 2 weeks from now? Would you like to come to our get together? Ok I know it's too far but worth a try.

This looks like something I would like to make. I would love to smoke some meats but never did anything like that. Any chance you could indulge us in a few more details.

AWESOME LOOKING. We are all proud of you for your achievement.

that smoker/bbq looks very good. seems to be very well constructed. it is very much like the big green egg we use. i bet it cooks some juicy steaks!

notice the similarities?
http://www.appliancist.com/outdoor_grills/big-green-egg-original-american-ceramic-cooker.html

only big difference is the a top cover to hold or let out the smoke, but you can still easily do that with yours too. the ceramic build only helps keep heat in, which means the thing can get really hot. we cook steaks at 450-500F, medium rare that's to die for! lol

We have about a gozillion of these. We use them to store low level nuke waste in.

You crack the vents to keep them from burping (which is not a good thing).....

Hope you got a new one and not one of our used ones on the grey market! :<

So that where the irradiated meat they sell at Walmart comes from:h

We have about a gozillion of these. We use them to store low level nuke waste in.

So that's why "u-b-glowin" :ts

2PUPS thats awesome, you did a great job! I might have to argue with your comment of being the best Q, I am kinda partial to mine :D. It would be kick butt to get all of us together someday and have a cook off/wine tasting event! The one who provides the most drink gets to be the judge!:b

2PUPS thats awesome, you did a great job! I might have to argue with your comment of being the best Q, I am kinda partial to mine :D. It would be kick butt to get all of us together someday and have a cook off/wine tasting event! The one who provides the most drink gets to be the judge!:b

I meant being the best smoker for the price , 100.00 bucks for everything

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wow awesome smoker! I found one while doing inspections in back of the state DOT yard and tied it to the back of the fire engine to bring it home. We didn't get caught by the Chief thank God.

I sanded off all the rust with a drill mounted wire brush and painted it with grill paint. Then I cut some cull wood for the front part. I don't have a picture yet but I stained the wood and burned in an FD logo with a branding iron I bought. The expensive part was buying the grill surface to fit. I think I spent $80-$90 on those alone.

I use applewood that I get from a friend who owns a tree cutting business. Makes some damn good ribs

Last edited:
Nice smoker joe , the grub in it looks awesome . Just gotta love the apple wood for smoking .

Latest posts

Back