Forum recommendation for Kit winemakers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qyhcat

Reaction score
I could benefit from having a thread per Wine Kit, where we ALL can contribute as to our own experience on the Kit, even including those who make variances...but it keeps us focused on the kits we have made and how it turned out for others. Also, when trying to look for a new one, this might be a good area to browse for other's experience with the kits as well as learn variants perform on those by the more expert makers.

If this exist here already, please let me know. I think the focus is to have a key based on MFG>Series>Product.

regards,
luis

We already have Kits broken down into sub forums by Manufacturer. You can feel free to start your own thread under the appropriate sub forum.

What might be cool regarding kit wines is ratings/reviews. Obviously, taste is very subjective. But having feedback on finished kits, as opposed to questions about tweaks, etc may be helpful. Trouble is, the questions and tweaks often overlap with the feedback, so where/how to you differentiate?

I thought we started a review area quite a while back. Can't find it any more.

If anyone finds the review area pls share

That is what i am looking for

A place per kit where we can find comments in outcomes specific to a given kit.

If you mean the old reviews software we discontinued it as there wasn't anything in there.

Yeah, it really never took off and to be honest kit comments really is a personal recommendation and will vary much from person to person. What I will tell you is higher end kits will always give you a better result but will take longer to come around. 1 of my personal favs in a red kit wine is the RJS Super Tuscan if that helps you and many many people have backed me up on that after doing it!

Latest posts

Back