Glue off

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chumpzter

Junior
Reaction score
Who knows the best way to remove the glue left after peeling label off wine bottle label so i can reuse . thx

I use WD40,spray on, let it soak a minute and it comes right off. Then just wash good with soap to get WD40 off.

De-solv-it works good and is mild. Goof off is quicker but will ruin clothing etc.:wy

I always recycle store bought wine bottles. In 80% cases kerosene does it best. Acetone/rubbing alcohol works well on some glues and excellent for removing printed ink, as in "Best Before" marks. If neither works, wire brush and soapy water most certainly will.

Guess I do it the hard way. Soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then take a razor blade to them. Scrub what little is left on.

Guess I do it the hard way. Soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then take a razor blade to them. Scrub what little is left on.

Yes - alot are like that - and others you literally fight to get the adhesive off. I know which bottles I do not want because of the adhesive that they use.

Yes - alot are like that - and others you literally fight to get the adhesive off. I know which bottles I do not want because of the adhesive that they use.

19 Crimes.. avoid like the plague.

I find that using my heat gun works really good. Get the glass nice and hot, and the labels come off with very little residue. What little there is left I use soap and hot water with a brillo (after bottle cools).

I suppose you could put a whole bunch in the oven, say 250 for 20 minutes... but you would want a oven mit or towel to hold the neck while you peel off the labels. I havent tried this yet, but I suspect it would work pretty slick and save some time over holding a heat gun to them 1 by 1.

I still use my goo gone sometimes for those tough ones...

I suppose you could put a whole bunch in the oven, say 250 for 20 minutes... but you would want a oven mit or towel to hold the neck while you peel off the labels.

This is exactly what I do. Load a batch, wait 20 minutes at about 200F, then take one out, put another in its place, peel label on the first, and repeat a few dozen times.

For stubborn glue i use odorless mineral spirits. You can pick up a gal can at home depot for a few bucks and it enough to last a lifetime.

Kitchen cabinet glue remover.

Who knows the best way to remove the glue left after peeling label off wine bottle label so i can reuse . thx

Guys, the easiest way to remove the glue is to use oil, any kind will work, but I use what ever is in the pantry. For tough/thick glue just smear some on and let it sit for a few seconds, then wipe with paper towel. It really does not take much, and you will be amazed how easy it is. Then just wash with soap and water.:h

Latest posts

Back