What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This turned out great. Masala dosa with mint/coconut chutney and masoor dal. It was delicious!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_6f3f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6f3f.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • fullsizeoutput_6f52.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6f52.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • iOJlz9m4RIaq0Bb4MhZhhw.jpg
    iOJlz9m4RIaq0Bb4MhZhhw.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • fullsizeoutput_6f51.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6f51.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • fullsizeoutput_6f4f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6f4f.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Easy button tonight. 40% of the family at home contracted the stomach flu. No use making a bunch of pizza that I'd have to throw away next week because it was uneaten (even though it's unlike an Eaton to leave pizza uneaten). Some beef and broccoli on jasmine rice. Easy to make, easy to eat, easy to clean up, oh and yum!

3-29-19_beef-n-brocoli.jpg

After hanging / aging for a month, the Wagyu cow was cut and packaged this week. Picked up my half this morning. Cuts I chose, filet, bone in ribeye, 4 bone prime rib, flat iron steaks, tri tip, NY Strips, whole brisket, 10 or 12 different roasts (about 5# each), soup shanks, and 2 pound packs of ground meat; all vacuum packed and labeled.

Chose these 4 beauties foe dinner for wifey, me and the boys. They’re currently in the tub at 120, waiting for dinner.

Ended up paying $4 /lb including packaging, pretty good for most cuts for sure!
1136F9D8-CD6D-49B8-8DE1-EEA26E12325A.jpeg

Last edited:
I made us a "Tuscan treat." Thick, bone-in loin pork chops braised for hours in milk (a la Marcella Hazen); creamy polenta with blue cheese; shredded brussels sprouts sauteed with shiitake 'shrooms and shallots; and Swiss chard with onions, seasoned with coriander, fennel, and ancho.

It was fairly good overall, but I boofed it on both veggie dishes; I had them near perfect, but then got distracted and overcooked them, bringing some unwanted bitterness into play. C'est dommage. The pork was incredible, though! Tender, almost sweet, and succulent.

Latest posts

Back