My Peach Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShelleyDickison

President of Stay at Home and Do Nothing Inc.
Reaction score
Very happy with this one. I added half the F Pack upfront and it was a lot better than the Strawberry Zinfendil I made. That was my first kit. It way to syrupy sweet. Plus I now understand what Degas means other than a word on an instruction sheet. I guess everything is a learning experience.

image-4006731272.jpg

Looks great - but if I can make a suggestion...

Make sure when you bottle you get the wine into the neck - less risk of oxidation that way..

That looks delicious! I like how the capsule matches the label. This color combo would go well with a plumb wine to.

Looks delicious! When do you intend to start drinking it? Bet it won't last long, huh?

It is fun experimenting with the F pack. I guess each summer wine will be a little different, though. A friend made the Orchard Breezn' Cranberry Chianti. She added a package of craisins into the fermenter. I made the same kit but without the craisins... her's was much, much better, much richer.

As was already mentioned, the distance from the top of the wine to the bottom of the cork should be about the width of two fingers. That would put it just up into the neck of the bottle. Hey, it's a learning experience; this batch will be just fine (and a good excuse to drink it early:sm).

Thanks for all the replies. As for the level of the wine, the first batch I bottled the cork wouldn't go in all the way and i was told that I had to much wine in the bottle, which is why I did it this way. Again learning curve and probably a lot of practice. This batch probably won't last long because I put part of it in a wine on tap bag for a party and my husband likes it so well he won't stop drinking it. It's nice that he likes it because he isn't fond at all of the strawberry Zinfendil and I am not either. Right now I have a Chardonnay and a Riesling going and I am getting ready to make a Gewürztraminer. I would love to make a red but all the reds we have tasted so far remind me of cough syrup. I also have made an Argentinean blend of three whites and Dragons Blood which is all gone and a version of DB but with Tropical fruit. I call it Dragons Gold. Also started another batch of Apple Pie cider to replace the batch I had to scrap. Refermented in the bottle, pretty ugly. I love wine making. And now my Darling husband made me another wine rack so I have to fill it. I actually thinks that's a law in North Carolina....no empty wine racks allowed.

I actually thinks that's a law in North Carolina....no empty wine racks allowed.

Shelley, this is actually true and Sub-paragraph 1 of the law states: "In the event that one has more wine than wine rack spaces, any overage must be shipped to Ohio, forthwith." It is true. Look it up.

Do you need a shipping address? :)

Thanks for all the replies. As for the level of the wine, the first batch I bottled the cork wouldn't go in all the way and i was told that I had to much wine in the bottle, which is why I did it this way. Again learning curve and probably a lot of practice. This batch probably won't last long because I put part of it in a wine on tap bag for a party and my husband likes it so well he won't stop drinking it. It's nice that he likes it because he isn't fond at all of the strawberry Zinfendil and I am not either. Right now I have a Chardonnay and a Riesling going and I am getting ready to make a Gewürztraminer. I would love to make a red but all the reds we have tasted so far remind me of cough syrup. I also have made an Argentinean blend of three whites and Dragons Blood which is all gone and a version of DB but with Tropical fruit. I call it Dragons Gold. Also started another batch of Apple Pie cider to replace the batch I had to scrap. Refermented in the bottle, pretty ugly. I love wine making. And now my Darling husband made me another wine rack so I have to fill it. I actually thinks that's a law in North Carolina....no empty wine racks allowed.

No worries with the level - I have had that happen before too - just have to drop it a little and it will fit - the next batch just play with and you will find out the level you need to set it at to get the cork in.

Shelley, sounds like you are having fun and you have your spouse's support to boot. Can't get much better than that!!!

Have fun!

Back