SPARKLING WINE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good going!!!!

We love the little tool for twisting the wires...but it twists them so tight that we don't get to reuse many wires.
Looks like your bottles are light enough color that you will be able to see the lees form in the bottoms of the bottles....and then when you riddle you'll see the lees fall into the plastic topper.

Keep us Posted on the progress....

This reminds me...time to riddle the Sparkling Rhubarb/Pineapple
smiley4.gif

Gave then a little a little shake yesterday, the bottles are light colored enough I can see the lees. Your right NW about it giving you the willies at first, kinda like dealing with a live bomb. Somehow I know Murphy's law (not Steve, The other Murphy) says I will have one blow up on me!
smiley36.gif

EXCELLENT<<<<I will do this it's the last item on my wine to do list and it looks good ,great guide on how to//

don't remember if I wrote you or not but,excellent visuial on the subject,thank you,I'am going to do sparkling if jan, thanks again//jp
smiley17.gif

Couple days shy of a month now, and nothing has blown up yet!
smiley36.gif
Amazing how clear they get between shaking them up. Thinking of starting another batch to sparkle...just in case this turns out good!

Full Personal Protective Equipment on when dealing with these!
smiley36.gif
Better get that sword sharpened and ready! As for pictures, look at the last ones I posted...only standing on your head, there ya go!

looking good JWM, I slacked to long to do my 2nd and third batch of Sparkling wines. Its too cold so My plum and crabapple will have to wait till late spring now.

20080124_092747_100_0275_Small.jpg

No use in putting it off
smiley36.gif
The little bombs are in the freezer now, its -9 outside so I put a few out there to see if it will work.
20080124_093004_100_0276_Small.jpg

Now I have a little time to think about the adventure I'm about to undertake!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

JW....Good Luck....More photos too please.

When I put mine outside in -9*to -11*weather I had them in a wire basket, it took 35 minutes to have goodice in the neck, that was with a strong wind hitting them. The next day it was about the same temp with no wind hitting them and they took about 45 min....

Yours might hold some heat in the box...so may take a while longer...Keep checking for ice in the neck.

I have to say all went well on the first case. Wasn't nearly as violent as I had imagined, hardest part for me was seeing the ice in the neck of the bottles, after 1 1/2 hour I went ahead with the process. Was able to easily remove the wire hoods , then had to slightly twist the plastic cork/tops to remove. After the first one I got a little better/faster at placing thumb over the top to limit the loss.

20080124_120309_100_0278_Small.jpg

This was the first one, not bad for a beginner.
20080124_120521_100_0282_Small.jpg

That really built up my confidence, in no time at all I had the first case done!
20080124_120752_100_0280_Small.jpg

Straight to the sink with the dirty lee filled caps.
20080124_121000_100_0283_Small.jpg

Yes, there is a small price to pay!
smiley36.gif

20080124_121149_100_0286_Small.jpg

I tasted plenty during the process
smiley36.gif
, but I did pour a glass for my wife, for a cheap Chablis concentrate, it has a wonderfully apple aroma and aftertaste!
20080124_121429_100_0288_Small.jpg

Planning ahead (OK, hoping and praying) for success, I had these gold foils ready, now I just need a good label! OHHHH Joan, Romona!!!
Off to do the second case, then laundry I'm thinking!
smiley36.gif

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO NW FOR THIS GREAT TUTORIAL!

Back