favorite or unusual bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippie

Reaction score
OK, moderator, you can delete the topic I started elsewhere with the same title. Thanks.

A friend stopped by the shop last night and brought me a carton containing 6 of these bottles. They have a raised Christmas wreath and 2 eight point stars under it. Very cool. I think they are 500 ml and probably meant for Port. The carton says Made in Spain. They all have a plastic sticker on bottom that has some Spanish writing, Made in Spain again, and then San Francisco, Sonoma, CA. They are that antique looking green tinged clear glass. I think they are old. They are cork finished, but I think for #8 corks. I really dig them.

2005-04-04_085939_500_ml_Christmas_bottle.JPG

Bert and I say, "What a beautiful bottle! We envy you and covet our neighbor's property! I'll have to start asking people to bring us unusual bottles and see what I get. I do have one that came with Kaluha in it from Vienna and it's shaped like a violin. I should empty that!

The violin bottle has a wooden cap that is shaped like the top of a violin. It's hard to see in the picture.

2005-04-04_184610_Bottle_006.jpg

This other bottle we got from some wine drinking friends, after they shared it with us. It's a Product of Moldova, Nectar Garling, Dessert Wine, 16% Alc. Fantastic stuff!

2005-04-04_184746_Bottle_004.jpg

Happy Bottle Hunting!
smiley4.gif

Very cool!

I like Wild Turkey bottles. I have alot of wine in those.

smiley20.gif

Were the Wild Turkey bottles given to you empty or did you have to empty them yourself?
smiley36.gif

No, I abhor whiskey or bourbon. They were given to be by people with no tastebuds.

smiley36.gif

Back