Taking Pictures for Forum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe,

I set my camera to 640 x 480 pixels for taking pictures for the forum. The pictures come out to be around 75 KB and thisis only half of the limit of 150 KB that can be uploaded. I guess you can also increase the size closer to 150 KB to get the best quality.Edited by: masta

Thanks..I did take some pictures outside which was set to 640x480. I did notice though when viewing them, that resolutions did vary in some of the photos I guess possibly having to do with the camera's auto feature regarding light, color, distance, etc. Would this be a true conclusion you think?

Yes I agree...Normally I have my camera set at 2048 x 1536 which is perfect for viewing pictures on the computer because it fills the screen with a great picture. I just viewed the pictures I posted on the forum "3 Batch Day at Valley Brew" and the quality was fine just the size was half the screen.

...I am no expert on this and actually know very little but from I have found is that taking pictures and then posting them without any adjustments works well and you don't lose any quality.Edited by: masta

This would be my opinion on the matter...

I'm using Microsoft Photo Editor - a great, simple program that comes with Microsoft Office.

Usually, you have an option of how you want to save the picture:

--> save it as a jpg

2005-03-21_163936_screen1jpg.jpg

Then you will see a button that says "More >>". Click on that, and you get this option...

2005-03-21_164111_screen2jpg.jpg

Move it to about 75% or so (usually that doesn't reduce the quality too much), and save it. Even better, if you reduce the picture size to about 65% of the original. Don't forget to "Save As" and not just "Save" and rename it. You don't want to mess up your original pic.

If you have any questions, I will try to help. Every program has its own little quirks, so play around with it. You usually have this option somewhere in your program.

Hope this helps a little!

Interesting...Martina, so after you, "Save As...." is that an option to change the name as well? Say you don't change the name, the photo is now re-sized and ready to upload...what Browser did you earlier speak of...I have still searched for that and could not locate the path that would be on the Browser to make the transfer alot easier.

I guess maybe my computer is different, or am I in the "wrong program" file. All my stuff is in "My Pictures?"
smiley5.gif

yes, there is a box to change the name.

You can go in -->Start --> My Documents

I don't know where you transfer your pictures to onto your computer, but newer cameras (and the software that goes with them) usually automatically puts it into a directory called --> My Pictures (which is located in My Documents).

Does this help?

Right Oh! My Pictures is where it all is. I really need to find time andplay with the programs, etc.

Thanks again.

No, no training. Everything self taught. My first computer was a TRS-80 (RadioShack) which I got instead of an Atari in 1979 or 1980. It did not have a floppy drive, only tapes. There were no games, so I had to teach myself programming so I could make my own games.

Now, computers are much more fancy nowadays, but I still try to keep up a little. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do anything spectacular, but some own, useful programs is something I enjoy to make.

Cool. I never even ever sat down in front of one until maybe 1995.

I was skeered.

smiley34.gif

I am a warped person from all the ataris, nintendos, playstations, arcades, etc.

Back