RJ Spagnols Can you freeze part of the F-pac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky

Reaction score
Hello, and Happy New Year..... It`s been a while.....My question , just racked my raspberry mocha , thought I read somewhere for this kit,filter before adding the f-pac.{ I didn't filter at this time}..well I racked into a 3 gallon carboy and had a lot of headspace....so I added my brandy to fortify ...still had to much space so I added about half the f-pac ...now I'm good with the space, so when I filter it in about 3 months can I use the rest of the F-pac ?

You should have clear first, then added the fpac all of it,thats the only item that gives you flavors,so at this point once you've done in a larger container add the fpac , stir and bottle all at once,done.Happy New Years.

I'm sorry joe.... it was clear...cleared.it 2 months ago...I made a mistake and fortified it before adding the fpac... I have about a split felt.... I froze it and I'll look at it before I filter ..... just wanted to know if anyone froze one before. .. thanks

Yes...I froze half of a Fpack....used it later in a tea based wine...it was fine.

Thanks Mismost....I was hoping someone was going to say that....I'll thaw it out throw in in a filter.... Happy New Year!!!

Latest posts

Back