Wine Making Log - OpenOffice Spreadsheet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Reaction score
Hi All,

Quite some time ago I found a nice template on this forum, I believe it was made by Tom (Thanks Tom). I like it a lot, so decided to modified it so it takes Starting S.G., Starting Temp and Adjusts the Actual Starting S.G. from that.
Then I do the same with Finish S.G. and Finish Temp to adjust the Actual Finish S.G.
From these I can more accurately calculate the ABV.
I also formated cells so that dates (no matter how you enter them) are uniform, S.G. values show 3 decimal places (e.g. 1.085), T.A values show 2 decimal places (e.g. 0.65%) etc.

Should make data entry easier and hopefully end calculations more accurate.

Enjoy,

Dave (aka timber)

p.s. There's a Pdf attached for you to view and the spreadsheet is in .ods (OpenOffice Spreadsheet) format. I think you should be able to open in Excel also but when I tried some formatting was lost (i.e. hidden calculations etc).
If you use OpenOffice or LibreOffice (perhaps also Excel) you can unlock the protected cells using the password "Wine" (without quotes).

View attachment Wine_Making_Log.ods.zip

View attachment Wine_Making_Log.pdf

Last edited:
What program are you trying to open it with? You'll need a program that will open a spreadsheet like Excel, OpenOffice Calc or LibreOffice Calc.
OpenOffice or LibreOffice is a free download.

The spreadsheet is compressed to a Zip file you'll need to UnZip that before you can open it. In Excel, you may need to import it, I will save it in Excel format (and attach that) if that's what you have.
You'll still need to UnZip (uncompress) the file to use it.

Dave (aka timber)
Attachments are restricted to only the following formats ... that's why I used a zip file.
(Valid file extensions: bmp bsm bsmx gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png zdl zip)

View attachment WineMakingLog.xls.zip

Last edited:
Here is one I have been using, I added a formula at the bottom.
I also trimmed alot that I did not use.
I made sure it was all on 1 page,
if things bleed onto a 2nd page, I tend to forget them.
I could not post it as a Excel file, so I posted as a PDF.

If anyone want it as a Exel (with ABV formula) send me a PM

View attachment winemakerslog(1).pdf

Well, I spoke too soon. I can open it on my tablet but not on my computer. Can you save it as an excel worksheet?

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f65/wine-making-log-openoffice-spreadsheet-46671/#post528763

Excel spreadsheet is at the link above.

As for the PDF file, you probably need to download Adobe Reader to view it. (It's free)

Elmer has a good point about keeping it all on one page, I think I'll modify mine to just what I use for making country wines.
I think I'll also try to make it so it will contain a link to a recipe or perhaps just put a recipe as second page.

Enjoy,
Dave (aka timber)

Last edited:
Hi All,

I revised the wine log for making Country Wines (got original from Tom [moderator here]). I made it fit on a single page ... then added second page for adding a Recipe. (Recipe can be Cut & Paste from a web page)
Other modifications noted in posts above (e.g. calculating correct ABV from Start/Finish S.G and corrected for temp.)

Enclosed (See Attachments below):
1) Zip file with PDF and an Excel Spreadsheet Template.
(Note: The Excel template loses some formatting when exported i.e. hidden calculations)

2) Zip file with PDF and an LibreOffice Spreadsheet.
(This one works better if your spreadsheet program will open it)

Hope it makes your data entry easier ... so you can get on to more important things like tasting that wine.

Enjoy,
Dave (aka timber)

View attachment Country_Wine_Log.xlt.zip

View attachment Country_Wine_Log.ods.zip

Last edited:
Hi All,

Quite some time ago I found a nice template on this forum, I believe it was made by Tom (Thanks Tom). I like it a lot, so decided to modified it so it takes Starting S.G., Starting Temp and Adjusts the Actual Starting S.G. from that.
Then I do the same with Finish S.G. and Finish Temp to adjust the Actual Finish S.G.
I also formated cells so that dates (no matter how you enter them) are uniform, S.G. values show 3 decimal places (e.g. 1.085), T.A values show 2 decimal places (e.g. 0.65%) etc.

Enjoy,

Dave (aka timber)

p.s. There's a Pdf attached for you to view and the spreadsheet is in .ods (OpenOffice Spreadsheet) format. I think you should be able to open in Excel also but when I tried some formatting was lost (i.e. hidden calculations etc).
If you use OpenOffice or LibreOffice (perhaps also Excel) you can unlock the protected cells using the password "Wine" (without quotes).

View attachment 17754

View attachment 17755

Timber,

This came in very handy. Thank you for your kindness

Greg

Hi All,

Enjoy,

Dave (aka timber)

View attachment 17754

View attachment 17755
This file is password protected?

I don't know about anyone else, but I much prefer using Google Sheets. No app to install, can get at it from anywhere.
This link is to a converted copy of Timber's Excel file, in Google. The link will make a copy of your own, you can do with what you wish.
You'll need a Google account for this (don't need gmail, but a Google account of some sort).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ddi7q4vu2tlBif7OePTeN0-8Od7bCIcRKgJl04lxZns/copy

And Alpha, excel files downloaded from the internet are 'locked' by default in Excel to prevent viruses from automatically running just by opening a file. I imagine that is the message you are seeing. you can click the notification at the top of it to unlock the file for editing (or just use the Google version I linked).

Latest posts

Back