Corrados

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Corrado's just announced the details on their annual amateur winemaking competition.

It will be held at the Venetian event center in Garfield, NJ on Friday, January 29, 2016, beginning at 6pm.

Tickets to attend the event will be $120 per person (or $110 per person if you purchase 10 or more tickets) and includes dinner.

Entry fee for each wine is $15.

Each entry will be 2 750ml bottles (except for dessert wines or grappa)

Here is the link to the entry form for all those interested..

http://site.corradosmarket.com/pdfs/entry-2015.pdf

and here is the link if you are interested in purchasing tickets..

http://www.corradosmarket.com/Store/detail.aspx?ID=1145

I am planning to attend this year with a good crew. I have not gone in quite some time and I look forward to a great time.

Where is Garfield at John, what are you going to enter, would Port be considered to be a 375. Entire. Thinking about going to the event.

Where is Garfield at John, what are you going to enter, would Port be considered to be a 375. Entire. Thinking about going to the event.

Yes, I believe that port is a 375ml entry.

Garfield is located just south of where Route 80 and the garden state parkway intersect (

It is exit 157 off of the parkway or exit 61 off of route 80.

For those who are out of state and have to ship the bottles what is the preferred method of shipping?
How much protection do y'all put around the bottle?
Where do y'all get the boxes to ship the bottles in?

If using the post office how do y'all answer the questions about what kind of contents?
Or is it better to use the computerized postal assistant in the lobby?

Thanks

Never use the USPS to ship alcohol, it is not allowed. Only use UPS or Fedex and ship it as "steak marinade". Get a proper wine shipping box from a local shipping store.

If using the post office how do y'all answer the questions about what kind of contents?
Or is it better to use the computerized postal assistant in the lobby?

Thanks

Never use the USPS to ship alcohol, it is not allowed. Only use UPS or Fedex and ship it as "steak marinade". Get a proper wine shipping box from a local shipping store.

Personally, I ship as "Fragile Art Glass", which is not a lie.. lol :)

Folks,

I am attending this year. I have found them a little slow in posting results on the internet. If you are entering, and want to know the results right away, please PM me with your name.....

I ship UPS. They always ask and I always say marinade. They write food as the contents and I have to sign a disclaimer that states it's not insured. I multi layer in bubble wrap and ship in a regular box.

dropped off my 12 entries today, was told they have received entries from 5 states and are approaching 700. Can't wait it's always a great night

I use UPS and state "Marinade" as well. If I'm only shipping a bottle or two I roll them in bubble wrap and seal each of them in a huge ziplock bag (just in case). If I'm sending more I use a wine shipping box - I've never paid for a box because word of mouth got me a dozen boxes and all the inserts. Great to know people in wine clubs :)

Corrado's Contest

I entered a few years ago. The party is huge and lots of really good food and wines. They put all the entries out for the attendees to drink. We had a table of ten the last time we went. Three of the five families had entries. No awards but lots of fun. I don't think we will be attending this year. Conflicting dates for us.

Maybe in the future, someone on the Wine Making Talk forum could put together a table of ten individual :ib entries to get the table of ten discount.

Bill

Corrado's Wine Bar

What they do is set up two bars with all of the medalists wines. You can simply go up there and ask for a varietal. It is really cool to taste what others are doing.

They do have other full service bars in addition to the wine bar

It goes without saying that I am not driving home from this event. I arranged a limo to take us there.

For all that are attending, we should figure a way where we can all meet up.

If anyone has shipped entries, I am still willing to call you at the event to let you know how you did. Posting of results is rather slow. Just PM me your contact info, and I can let you know right away.

dropped off my 12 entries today, was told they have received entries from 5 states and are approaching 700. Can't wait it's always a great night

I will be there as well, always a fun evening.
When I ship my wine I list it as grape juice, I don't say it's fermented!!
Best of luck to everyone!!

Just two days to go everyone! Franki1926 / Wine-O, how about we meet up at the event? Like a chance to shake hands with you guys....

Couldn't make it this time. But will definitely be in the e one,so you still a chance of winy:ibb

Latest posts

Back