What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling some cases of my 375's tomorrow to make money to buy more regular cases. Went to a campaign meeting tonight for my party and ended up hob-knobbing with my state senator, state rep and local rep. All wanted to assist making in Bushy Run Winery a reality....

If you're in Dc Monday or Tuesday, I can meet up and take a case or two off your hands.

Destemmed and crushed 7 lugs of Lanza Sangiovese, what an amazing grape, I'm very happy with them, very high brix 4 hrs after crushing...28 brix!
unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the other items that we received, I'm not going to bash anyone on the forum, but you would shat if I told you what had been going on for the past few days leading up to the order.... a few of the guys received sub par mystery Pinot Noir, it is a shame, I don't believe that I will be purchasing any large orders in the future, the club members were less than happy, not to mention the way we were treated on the phone....grrrrrrrr
Anyway, off to adjusting the must on the Brunello, Valpolicella, Barolo and Montepulciano.

Picked up some raisins for the Valpolicella bucket I hope to pick up in a few hours. Now making meatballs and sauce. It's only ten months old, but I think I'll be diving into the Winery Series Super Tuscan tonight. :dg

Should be on my way to a weekend of camping in Shenandoah National Park, but bad weather and a government shutdown will keep us out. :(

Last edited:
Today I'm going to press my Merlot that I grew in my Back Yard Vineyard.
Didn't get as much fruit as I would have liked for 5 year old vines, thanks to bunch
shatter, I'll have to take measures to limit the amount of shatter next spring.

I dragged the heep to a friends place to do some work. Rear track bar bracket is pulling away from the axle. I would hate to be driving it down the highway when it finally lets go. That would be a bad day

image-1354093740.jpg

Going to the Rising Sun Navy Bean festival to eat fair food and listen to some good music

I just bottled my Winexpert Matador Trio red from last year. I also racked my Winexpert Nero D'avola off of the clearing lees. Now its time for some bulk aging.

After beginning the day with the best intentions.....

Cut my grass, did the laundry and labeled the Cab Sauv. I was going to get ready to bottle the Luna Rosa, but ended up having to go and get my daughter a new cell phone at college. On the way home, I had meet another winemaker to sell some of 375ml cases and trade some wine. After the obligatory take-the-wife-to-dinner, I was home in time to watch the hockey game and the end of the Penn State game.

Not in DC until October 27 or November 3, but I have cases available. Come to Silver Spring....

Ugh. I know the third doesn't work, and the 27th is my son's b-day. We'll be entertaining screaming children, and probably running ourselves ragged.

Maybe the next run.

I've got not one but two thanksgiving dinners today. I foresee a food coma coming on.

My Cornucopia White Pear Chardonnay has a S.G. of 1.018 so I am racking to a carboy with airlock.
After SS and tannins my start S.G. was 1.090.
I also added a little yeast nutrient at racking.;)

After bending over all day in the vineyard yesterday removing grow tubes and then pressing the MN 1200 last night, I'm tired. So, today I rest.

Had the day off. I racked my Muscato and Sauv Blanc and bottled my pear this morning into afternoon. Now I'm getting ready for a Council Meeting this evening. Only 4 more to go. December won't come soon enough.

Got to pick my youngest up from preschool today, then we went out for Happy Meals. :D Got the house decorated for Halloween, then foiled and labeled the Grand Red and Aussie Chard. In between all that, a couple honey-do's.

Had the day off. I racked my Muscato and Sauv Blanc and bottled my pear this morning into afternoon. Now I'm getting ready for a Council Meeting this evening. Only 4 more to go. December won't come soon enough.

Doug, I know you are done with this counsel stuff but are you really going to stop going to the meetings?

Cut the grass, trimmed the roses, painted the football field cooked supper and checked SG on some muscadine. My feet hurt.

Last edited:
Doug, I know you are done with this counsel stuff but are you really going to stop going to the meetings?

I go to the school board meetings to see how my money is being spent and to heckle those which I disagree with....

We had the pleasure of having my family stop in, we haven't seen my nieces and nephews in years, it was great, I cooked a nice dinner, and they stayed overnight.

Cooked up turkey and all the fixins for my parents and their friends. So many of them no longer have their better halves anymore, or their kids have moved on. I know it is a little early for all you south-of-the-border crowd, but happy thanksgiving all. Tonight I am reminded to be thankful for all my blessings.

Latest posts

Back