What wine are you drinking with your turkey

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwand

Reaction score
This year we are serving wild turkey and venison. I am selecting an Amarone for the venison. We will probably drink Pinot Noir with the turkey. It'll have a giblet gravy.

I was just telling my son-n-law that for dinner tomorrow we have a Merlot for the antipasto and pasta course. Cranberry and Reisling for the turkey and Chocolate raspberry port for dessert. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Bakervinyard

This year were trying some Bubbly, then with the meal a off dry WA Riesling and perhaps an Oregon Pinot Noir.

I'll be offering 3 different varities. A Pinot Noir, a Pino Grigio and a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc, all from my cellar. Happy Thanksgiving to all ... I love this country!:)

I'll be offering 3 different varities. A Pinot Noir, a Pino Grigio and a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc, all from my cellar. Happy Thanksgiving to all ... I love this country!:)

I love this country too. Now that I'm in my sixth decade of life and have traveled most of the world I've grown to love it even more. We are an incredible nation living in the most beautiful land that I know. I am truly thankful for being an American.

For a Change of Pace rather than drinking one of my own libations........Stopped by El Paso, a local winery in Ulster Park NY and picked up a couple of bottles of a really nice Dry rose' labeled Rosebud. Blackberry wine for Dessert. Happy Turkey Day All.....

Wife bought an Erath pino noir. We visited that winery on our Oregon wine tour.

We hosted last sunday and drank whatever my sister and sister-in-law opened. They wanted to sample everything.

Well, we are serving ham for T-day, not turkey. I bought a couple of Gewurztraminers and a Riesling to try with it. I also opened a Beaujolais Nouveau today, and there will be about half a bottle left for the morrow. I was not very happy with the BN -- maybe it will open up overnight.

Being Canadian ,we already had ours ,but I raise a glass to you all-and it's a Meritage, Happy Thanksgiving! Remember to take a moment and pause!!!!

We will be blind tasting 4-5 different wines I have made, including one from each of the three years I have gotten grapes. And one or two of frozen Chilean juice bucket wines. That will be a couple Chiantis, a couple Cab Sauv.s and a Carmenere. I may crack open a commercial bought wine for comparison too. There will be a lot of glasses to clean!

Heading to my sister-in-law's this afternoon. I'm sure there will be plenty of Pinot. I'm bringing some Eclipse Sauv Blanc, and even though I just bottled it yesterday, a small bottle of Black Forest Port.

I have a few bottles each of the following ready to go:
Moscato
Chardonnay
Merlot
Brunello
This should cover just about everyone's tastes.

Back