Creamy Crab and Artichoke Dip

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
This stuff is really tasty:

Creamy Crab and Artichoke Dip
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayo
3/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 pkg, 8 oz, flake-style imitation crabmeat, finely chopped

Directions:

Chop artichoke hearts, set aside.
In medium bowl stir together cream cheese and mayo, stir in artichoke hearts, parm cheese and onions. fold imitation crabmeat, spoon into 9 inch pie plate. dake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through. granish as desired, serve with crackers.

I'm just posting the recipe as it is given to me. When I make it I will follow the recipe and then make changes that need to be made and the crab will probably be one of them.

You said it was really tasty but also say you plan to make changes to the crab meat. Is it over powering or not noticeable and needs more?

Last edited:
Funny, I don't remember it tasting like it was the imatation crab,,tasted like it was real crap in it. Will have to ask Flo next time I see her.

I make something similar. My recipe calls for 1 8 oz can of crab meat (where you find tuna fish in the grocery) rinsed and drained well and freeze dry chives instead of green onions.

you have to do what you have to do...I am lucky..I have crabs in my back yard....I made this , and is beyond excelent..I even added some flour and fried it like a crab cake...with white cream suace it was better then dragon blood.

Back