Elderberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Well I picked a 6 gallon bucket full of these little critters(with stems still). Tomorrow Ill take a pic of them before and after running a fork through them to destem them and see what the tally is. Theres still a lot more out there that I havent even got to and a bunch more that werent ready yet so either way I should be able to scrounge a 6 gallon batch out of them, I hope. These were pretty hard to get at and i almost rolled down a hill into a main road getting them!
smiley3.gif
It was very hot here and I was dripping wet when done!
smiley11.gif

Ok I plucked these berries for a few hours today before the wife said eneough, get m out of this house. I havent even dented this 6 gallon bucket yet and have 6 lbs bagged.
Picture001-6.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Wade I picked about 4 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket today. Like yours, I have several clusters that just arent ready yet. I should get another 5 gallon bucket before I am done. I have 15# in the freezer from this season. If I get 20-25 # I can see an elderberry port heavy on the oakin my near future.

Sounds like a plan and Im still not exactly sure what Im going for here. I have some blackberries that didnt add it to enough for anything over a 2 gallon batch so I just might go with an Elderberry/Blackberry port 3 gallon batch and maybe if I have enough still a 3 gallon batch of Elderberry alone.

Yep, the bug came out with a batch and was flicked over the deck.
smiley4.gif
I know have both gallon bags full and still have 1/2 that bucket left. There just aint enough time in the day.
smiley13.gif
This fruit is for the birds! Next time Ill buy a can of Vintners Harvest for this fruit!

Back