Moving Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwwino

Reaction score
Today, my wife and I closed on our new house and said goodbye forever to our temporary apartment life. I loaded five six gallon carboys, six five gallon carboys, andtwo three gallon carboys into the back of a pick up truck and gently drove to my new house. I carried all of the carboys upstairs to their new home, along with a boatload of winemaking equipment and supplies. I also loaded and carried 12 cases of finished wine upstairs, and have more to move tomorrow. I am dead beat tired and paid the price today for my addiction. I'm just glad there were no losses or broken carboys. I finished the night with a couple glasses of my 2006 VR Zinfandel. I don't think I realized the full extent of my addiction to this hobby until today.Edited by: dfwwino

Im glad that so far there were no casualties. I know the feeling to well of moving but it is so good to be where you want to be. Must be really nice moving in to a brand new house though. that will be hopefully my next and only move. We want pics of the whole house once you settle in and get a minute, including the grounds to.

Every time I put up another case of wine I ponder about the day I have to move all of it.Its all in the celler.Since you didnt break anything,the wine angels must have been watching.

I decide that I'm selling my wines with the house. Should fetch an extra $15,000 to $20000. However the wine comes with the house, the racks are whats for sale. Or like they do it on ebay, the Valuable bottle is for sale, the contents can not be drank........ yea right!

Congratulations on the move!
smiley32.gif
You need a husband to do all those things for you, like moving heavy stuff. That's what I have and it really works well. You should see about getting one of those now that you have some more room. They're very handy.
smiley36.gif

I'm sure that we would all enjoy aFEW pictures of your new digs. WHEN you have time a few pictures would be good. Wade, dude, back off on the coffee!
Jobe, when you move, just call Wade. I think he has more energy than some of us andhe could help you move that wine!
smiley36.gif

PSSsssssssssttttt.................... PWP....... Over here....................

Please don't let anyone else know......................

He "IS" the husband........................

Now don't rub it in...........
smiley36.gif

Hee hee hee! Yeah, I know... But there are many days when I'd like a wife at home doing all those things like cooking and cleaning. Bert and I could really use a good wife around here...
smiley36.gif

Wow........... Never thought of it like that.........

But I would have a hard time "saying" (out loud) that I needed a husb............ nah.. can't do it.....

Can I have a janitor, carpenter, gardner....... and yea.... I'l deffinately take one of them there maids............. can she look like the UPS Girl?

Edited by: jobe05

No, she can NOT look like the UPS chick.
smiley7.gif
The additional mythical spouse if for work only!

Your not a member of "she forums" are you?

Edit: She Forums is an actual web site, I'm not kidding......... in case you are not on she forums.

No, I'm not a member if She Forum. Never heard of it till just now. I may have to check this out...
smiley5.gif

MY wife is one of the ......... I guess lead people on she forums, they call her Sarge (Sargent Bucca) she starts a new thread every week for ladies to energize them to clean and organize their house, yes, I said clean and organize their house................. sigh........... if she could only practice what she preaches......LOL......

It's a lot of fun, once in a while I'll stop in on them to say hi (Sir Bucca). All I ever hear (read) is how each of them have something called Cabana Boys........... and such...... I don't know what that has to do with cleaning a house but it keeps them all amused and happy.

One of our other members, Baron, his wife is on that forum which is ow Baron got into making wine, although I haven't seen hi on here lately.

You should check it out, it really does energize you to clean because you don't feel like your doing it alone.

I have 2 young uns, 2 cats, and a big dog that sheds alot. Believe me when I say that we both have to do it every day or we will never catch up!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the 2 ........... well, I can't say youngans, but I wish they were, it would be easier....... THe 2 boys and 2 big dogs..............

All I know is years ago I was told to work and make the money.......... so thats what I do..................

I have seen my wife do her job......................... I like my job better..........

And now she just started teaching at the high school............ she wanted elementary.

They have cabana boys, maids, butlers, the works.

If you joined, you could have all the helpers you want, you can call them by any name you want and you never have to pay them.........

Here's the site:

http://www.sheforums.com/index.php

It's a great bunch of ladies who are very sweet. They are from several areas of the USA, and some from overseas, like Norway, England etc...
It's a real learning experience talking to some.

It's a challenge trying to keep up with them on cleaning, but they seem to enjoy it.

Becca (wife) is on the fun & Games forum within She Forums.

the amount of wine stuff one can aquire over a period of time is mind deading,yet alone the glass of all types involved,I dread the thought of that day,scarry//

Back