Wine Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EClayR

Junior
Reaction score
I am looking for a wine recipe(s) using 100% juice,where no sugar or perservatives have been added to the juice.

What type of juice? Red or white. Just to let you know it takes about
18 lbs of wine grapes to get 1 gal. of juice. Wine grapes are the only
fruit that I know of that contain the right amount of sugar and acids
to make a good wine. So the best recipe is 18 lbs of wine grapes or 1
gal wine grape juice ( availeable at certain times of the year on the
internet). Yeast appropiate to the style of wine you are making. Make
sure you double check acid and sg. You may still have to adjust things.

Pete

Edited by: paubin

EClayR,

You can get 100% juice from a variety of fruit, but Pete is correct, grapes have all the ingredients for wine naturally. Other fruit make great wine, but will have to have sugar added to bring the alcohol volume up to a reasonable level.

Blackberries and raspberries make wonderful wine. My favorite wine so far is made from Welches White Grape/Peach juice. It's simple and very good! It really depends on what you like.

I agree. Pure fruit juice, like the grape juice you would get at a winery, is probably in need of some tweaking (above all the sugar/SG).

However, it is posible.

In stating that, I would probably do a 5 gallon batch this way.

4 gallons 100% fruit juice

2-3 cans of grape concentrate (like Welch's - for body - fruits tend to be a little flabby, depending ont he fruit you choose, though)

Sugar to bring the SG up to at least 1.075.... That's depending on the sugar content of the fruit juice.

campden tablets (5) or k-meta. Pectic enzyme - throw these in there and wait 24 hours.

energizer 1.5 tsp, nutrient 1.5 tsp, possibly tannin 1/4 - 1/2 tsp.

I think I remembered everything...
smiley36.gif

It really depends on what you make. Strawberry juice would be a bummer, I think. Rhubarb would be bad too. Apple? Definitely you'll need the white concentrate (Welch's) for that. Pear? Ditto. I am not too sure about blue/blackberry. I made some that was really hot, and I thought it could be used in the next NASA rocket-launch.

Hope this helps.

Martina

Back