Goat wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloyd

green grape
Reaction score
back from vacation to Bonaire netherlands Antilles great trip but when i returned was very disappointed with my Pineapple.999sg and my orange wine.1016 sg. both were sour and very bitter. The pineapple was bitter too and had very little flavor , the orange had more natural flavor but tasted more like grape fruit. I call it goat wine because only the goats will drink it. Can any thing be done to subdue the bitter flavor or should i toss it to the goats?
:ts:ts

Need a bit more info..recipe.. Did you stabilize and sweeten the pineapple? Seems most fruit wines need some sweetening to bring out the flavor. Plus they are still green "new"..The orange is not fermented all the way yet it sounds. Dont dump..Wait for others with more experience than me to help.

We need to know the recipe and the process up to this point to be of any help.

Let it age for about 9 months and then try it. When I made watermelon I was thinking it was going to be dumped down the drain, BUT I bottled it and after 6 months WOW it started to come around.

I opened a bottle after 9 months and it was awesome. I can't wait till the 1 year and 2 year mark.

Latest posts

Back