2017 Harford Vineyard Chilean Grape/Juice Pickup

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sauvignon Blank, Pinot Grigio or Viognier would be easy. No MLF required. Just warm it up, and pitch your yeast. 30 bottles of wine for about $60. Spend a few bucks to get a pH meter, and you can practice that testing, as well as TA. Then you're ready for fall!

(yes, I am now living vicariously through you guys)

Has anyone actually gotten the email from Harford confirming this weekend? The last email I saw only mentioned possible delivery. Not confirmed delivery.

Craig is correct, I am still up to the gills with in-progress wine, so will skip spring harvest.

Fall harvest, however, will be my big hurrah this year!! I'm out of the 60 bottle batch of cabernet sauvignon now, so will likely do another double batch of that. I suspect I will do all reds since my 2016 fall harvest had whites.

I am in Ohio for a large family get-together, for which I brought 6 bottles of wine. The family opened my 2 bottles of coffee port; they used every glass in the house and even some clean votive candle holders to chug all the port. Pretty funny, especially seeing relatives in their 20s and 30s who might not normally appreciate port. They all asked how they could get more, could they buy it, and my 30-year-old nephew said that he has decided that any time he ingests alcohol he wants it to be coffee port. I probably still have 50 bottles of coffee, raspberry mocha, black forest, and toasted caramel port, so I plan to give them as holiday presents again this year (didn't last year b/c I forgot). I have a vanilla fig on deck, and will be searching the interwebs for a coffee kit. :) My SIL will be visiting me in MD this weekend and I'll be sending a case of port home with her.

There are areas I could go get grapes I found , but I had already commited to my usual shop for a juice bucket. I just wanted a lug for the primary anyway plus I already bought a Mosti Mondiali all grape pack to use. Next year I'll probably check this big supplier, Gino Pintos, less than an hour away.

Has anyone actually gotten the email from Harford confirming this weekend? The last email I saw only mentioned possible delivery. Not confirmed delivery.
No email yet. If they do get them in for this weekend we'll probably get the email between now and Thursday morning, if not it may be next week. They are usually open both during the week and a couple of weekends minimum to distribute the grapes. Sometimes in the Spring they get multiple deliveries, other times it is all at once. In the Fall the deliveries are spread over a much longer period, depending on what AVA the grapes originate from.

Just received an email from harford. The delivery is coming in early next week.

Fred,

The delivery is coming early next week and we will be sending a newsletter shortly with times for pick up.

You can order any juice on line by Saturday and we can get it on the delivery.

We will order a few buckets extra, but since we do not need it for our wine production it is best to order what you want.

Teresa

Well that's a shame but it gives me more time to research what I'm doing. Considering oaking a chenin blanc and might go buy a couple to taste them.

Last edited:
The best laid plans....well at least my Wife can come if she isn't scheduled for her side job. Rare that everything shows up on the same delivery, which is a good thing if you are doing a bucket + a lug of grapes. Might have to add to my order, always nice to get it all in one trip, though my round trip is just over 2 hours. Plus I can stop at @jgmann67 's mansion to quench my thirst (actually, I'm sure he'll be knocking on doors).

Edit: Wifey finally got off the phone and informed me she was coming, which means we'll do a lunch, probably in Hanover, on the way home for our anniversary (usually a steakhouse if she gets to choose).

Last edited:
Just received the email from Harford. Juice and grapes arrived today. They open at 8:30 on Saturday and Sunday. I'm open to either day at any time and would like to meet as many people as possible. Would it be possible to post what time is best for you.

Just received the email from Harford. Juice and grapes arrived today. They open at 8:30 on Saturday and Sunday. I'm open to either day at any time and would like to meet as many people as possible. Would it be possible to post what time is best for you.

Talked with the boss, she says around 10 am plus or minus an hour on Saturday is fine (Sunday is out). She would love to meet some "wine people" since I spend so much time on here and none with her. She likes to do a sampling of their wines since I'm the designated non-drinker/driver. All could change if one of the kids hasn't informed us of an activity, I'll give them the "inquisition" tomorrow morning, if they don't answer correctly they don't get breakfast (just kidding).

We are flexible as long as she can get to Longhorn Steakhouse in Hanover PA for lunch (because I'm paying).

Funny, just checked my email and I didn't get that one yet. Maybe they did give you my grapes?

Last edited:
Hah too bad they gave all yours away :p

But I, too, got the email. Unfortunately my weekend plans are really up in the air now so I don't know when I'll get there. I think Saturday is out for sure but who knows.

Have fun all! Wish I could be there, but hopefully, I'll catch all of you in the fall.

I was going to be up there in the morning if it was this last weekend, but this weekend is tougher. I have a family date with the wife and kids to go see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Saturday morning. (It's still $20/ticket for Imax 3D for a matinee!) SO I'll be up there some time before they close Saturday so I can get this stuff started!

Talked with the boss, she says around 10 am plus or minus an hour on Saturday is fine (Sunday is out). She would love to meet some "wine people" since I spend so much time on here and none with her. She likes to do a sampling of their wines since I'm the designated non-drinker/driver. All could change if one of the kids hasn't informed us of an activity, I'll give them the "inquisition" tomorrow morning, if they don't answer correctly they don't get breakfast (just kidding).

We are flexible as long as she can get to Longhorn Steakhouse in Hanover PA for lunch (because I'm paying).

Funny, just checked my email and I didn't get that one yet. Maybe they did give you my grapes?

Many thanks, I didn't think you would care.

Change of plans for me. Took off work today for some other appointments and realized I have the morning free. Headed up in a few minutes. Woohoo!

Latest posts

Back