What was the worst wine you ever made?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sad to hear about the pumpkin wine. I wanted to try that one. Any idea what went wrong and where? As for the cherry, I've had nothing but awesome wine every time. My last batch I split and fortified with Brandy to make a cherry vanilla port (aging for 2months so far). I have to say my WORST batch was Blueberry. I don't understand why or where I went wrong but it tasted like cough syrup and nothing like blueberries even though the color and smell were awesome.

I am sad to hear about the pumpkin wine. I wanted to try that one. Any idea what went wrong and where? As for the cherry, I've had nothing but awesome wine every time. My last batch I split and fortified with Brandy to make a cherry vanilla port (aging for 2months so far). I have to say my WORST batch was Blueberry. I don't understand why or where I went wrong but it tasted like cough syrup and nothing like blueberries even though the color and smell were awesome.

Some thoughts based on reading I've done since my pumpkin wine disaster...

1. Roast the pumpkin first. Not sure where I read this but it can't hurt. I guess it would break down the flesh and caramelize it a little bit.

2. Substitute sweet potatoes for 25-33% of the pumpkin. Same thing here, not sure where I read about it but if someone gives me pie pumpkins again, that is what I will do.

IU suspect my worst wine has yet to be made....especially if I keep reading about pumpkins and sweet potatoes.

Latest posts

Back