April 2017 Wine of the Month Club

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried a Blueberry/Cherry blend yet? Right now I have a Blueberry batch going and next I plan on a Cherry batch, and then use what's left on a Blueberry/ Cherry mix. just curious if anyone has already done it and if so how did it urn out?

Racked it today, adding a touch of honey (tablespoon or two maybe) and topped it back off with more tart cherry juice from Trader Joe’s. Along with Sorbate and Campden to make sure it didn’t kick back up again. I like the taste. Plan is to bottle in three more months or so. I like JD how it’s aging so far.

It's been a while since this thread was touched, so I thought I'd update my progress at least. It's been a little over a year, and I think my cherry recipe is one of the top 2 that I've ever made. Definitely a dessert wine with the residual sugar and high ABV. I brought a bottle to my parents for Mother's Day weekend, and broke it open with the whole family around to try it. It was a hit. There is nothing I dislike about this batch. It was a bit more expensive per bottle than I would have liked, but I plan on starting another batch of this soon. It was that yummy. I can't wait to see what it's like in another 6 months or so.

This is 180 degrees opposite than the batch I made for March 2017. That one might get dumped. Not sure how i messed it up, but I might have to toss it so that I can free up some of my swing-top bottles for other batches. But the cherry wine from Trader Joe's juice? An all-around success as far as I"m concerned.

Latest posts

Back