Cherry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly enough it appeared my fermentation stopped a little earlier than my other fruit wines. Was .998sg (most my fruit wines end up .990-.994) so i racked into secondary to let the seeiment settle and see if fermentation took off again which after two days it had not, still at .998, i didnt want it sitting there without sulphate so i added a 1/2tsp kmeta to it until i had a chance to get back to it. Went down to check on another batch of wine just now and noticed the trails through the sediment and bubbles so i checked it and its now at 0.996 and fermenting again even after i added the sulphite, i guess i jumped the gun on adding the sulphate but looks like this cherry wine wants to ferment a bit more.

Hi.I just found this site and I gotta say lots of good info here.Ive been making fruit wine for years but am just about to do my first batch of sour cherry.(My trees are just starting to produce)I have 5 gals. of strawberry/rhubarb wine and 5gals of strawberry/rhubarb cider (experimental) on the go.

Hey folks, time to see how the tart cherry chocolate-flavored wine is doing.
I'll try to rack it tomorrow and see where is at.

Back