Lafitte Cork

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say, this company is on the ball. I called last night around 8:15. I didn't leave a message because I had intended on calling this am after I realized it was after 5:00 their time. Within 15 minutes I had a call back and was placing my order. Top Notch service.

I agree as well. My experience with them last year was excellent and their product is as well. They are great to deal with. First order ends up being close to $0.20 per cork (for branded, custom corks - you pay for the die cast), but after that, you are around 11 or 12 cents. A great deal. My only regret is that I only make enough wine to order from them every few years. :)

On my second 1000 ……. :) Great company as others have said and they make a great product as well!

My winemaking has changed in the last few years so that I make about 4-5 white kit wines during the year but then bottle about 250 bottles of wine made from fresh grapes each Summer. That works out to almost 3 years. I keep them in a sealed Corkador with KMETA and they stay pliable/soft to the end.

DSC02932.jpg

Doug, I agree. I have been using them for years. I think it's time for you to spend the $100 and get 'em branded.

I think that will be for next year. These are already ordered. I only have about 200 left from last year. I need to find the link to submit the custom ordering again.

I don't believe there is a link for custom ordering (at least last time I ordered). I think you just make a call and talk to a sales rep and they will walk you through the process. You end up emailing your artwork to someone who looks it over and mocks it up and sends back to you for your approval before they make they brand.

I agree as well. My experience with them last year was excellent and their product is as well. They are great to deal with. First order ends up being close to $0.20 per cork (for branded, custom corks - you pay for the die cast), but after that, you are around 11 or 12 cents. A great deal. My only regret is that I only make enough wine to order from them every few years. :)

Boatboy, I think you're right at 12 cents but not with shipping. Shipping costs me about 7 cents a cork but is reduced tremendously if you can get another person to buy a bag along with you and have them shipped to together. I order with another member and shipping is cut in half per cork.

wolf cork avatar.JPG

How are you getting those corks shipped for 7 cents each? They quoted me $186 (shipping) for 1,000 corks. $125 for the die. And alggormated corks are $70-$130 per 1,000.

That shipping quote sounds crazy if your in Oregon and they are shipped out of California. The last time I got mine the shipping was only ~$50 IIRC to NM.

$186 might be the corks and shipping. It costs me about $70 just for shipping alone for one bag. The last couple of times I partnered up with another persons order and had them sent to one address and i cut shipping in about half. The die cost me $100 several years ago. The price might have gone up.

I just found my re-order receipt from 8/14

1000 (1+1 Aglo corks) = $120
Shipping = $43.73

Total = $163.73

I just found my re-order receipt from 8/14

1000 (1+1 Aglo corks) = $120
Shipping = $43.73

Total = $163.73

I believe my order shipped to Pgh was around $179.00 last time. I'll post the shipping again when I receive the invoice. Corks were $120.00 for the 1+1 Algo

Do you have to call them to order or is there a online website to order from?

No, since you have to submit artwork, you call and get and get a salesman to help you through the process.

Thanks Mike and Dan! Is there anyone special I should talk to?

I submitted a web form last year and got a call from Nate. He was very easy to work with.

Based on your recent trip to PI, you're going to need a few corks. :)

Latest posts

Back