What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, PA has the 2nd highest tax, behind California, 58.7 cents per gallon, 75+ for diesel. I'm seeing $1.89 at my local Weis Mkt, been that way for 5 or 6 weeks.

Oh, this is a dinner thread. Chicken Italian sausage with peppers and pesto on linguini. Hit the easy button tonight. It was very good, the Dietz & Watson sausage had a nice bite to it, my forehead was sweating.

The rains stopped just in time for me to fire up the grill for our youngest's birthday dinner. Soy marinated flank steak and combination fried rice. The boy wanted shrimp fried rice, but we had some leftover chicken and part of a pork chop in the fridge. Might as well use it up.

1588157543402.jpeg

Simple on this end as well.

Grilled meatloaf (1 pound each of ground chuck, ground chicken breast and ground lamb). Wifey doesn't like lamb (if she knew it was in there she wouldn't eat it, it's baaad for you she sez). Found some corn still on the cob, $2 for 4 ears, well worth the admission cost. Simple, yet good. I can see a meatloaf sandwich in my near future.

4-29-20_meatloaf-1.jpg

4-29-20_meatloaf-2.jpg

I haven't played along in a while, as lockdown fare hasn't been too exciting. But, what the hell, I will play.

We enjoyed frozen broccoli (steamed, then doused with sauteed garlic, EVOO, marjoram, and lemon juice); braised lacinato kale and onions; sous-vide cooked top sirloin steak that has been in the freezer for God-knows-how-long (thyme and garlic, then seared on a cast-iron pan); and mushroom risotto (shallots, sherry, carnaroli rice, ho-made chicken stock, asiago cheese, and sauteed 'shrooms). The latter dish was the best of these!

DSCN3651.jpg

I haven't played along in a while, as lockdown fare hasn't been too exciting. But, what the hell, I will play.
Looks good to me!

That's half the fun, looking in the pantry and figuring out a different way to cook it. After this week I'm going to have to get really inventive with hot dogs or toasted cheese as I just got word I'm now down to 20 hours working per week, starting next week, for a grand total of 40% of my normal pay (20 hrs x 80% salary rate). This could get interesting!

Looks good to me!

That's half the fun, looking in the pantry and figuring out a different way to cook it. After this week I'm going to have to get really inventive with hot dogs or toasted cheese as I just got word I'm now down to 20 hours working per week, starting next week, for a grand total of 40% of my normal pay (20 hrs x 80% salary rate). This could get interesting!
Must have watched "Chopped" on the food channel.

Latest posts

Back