Irish Cream

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdtexan

Reaction score
I noticed this in the extract section in George's online catalog. Do any of yall have an opinion on whether this would make a good mead flavoring? Would this bottle be enough for a 1 gallon batch or to much?
Irish Cream (Bailey's Irish Cream)

Liquor Quik Extract 20 ml.

Whisky, cream & chocolate

Add 1 cup of sugar
19231_lg.jpg

Hmm. I would call George. I'm sure he has an answer.

I'm not sure about that. I'm not sure that "Whiskey, Cream and Chocolate" would be complimentary flavors to a mead.

Dean said:
I'm not sure about that. I'm not sure that "Whiskey, Cream and Chocolate" would be complimentary flavors to a mead.

Chocolate works well in a mead. Not so sure about the cream and I have not tried to fortify a mead so not sure about the whiskey. If I was thinking about making this I would just make a chocolate mead and add Irish Whiskey at the end. You could always try adding a bit to a single bottle and see how it tastes.
VPC

Hmmm, I didnt understand that is was whiskey. I thought it was just the Irish Cream part that was added to the whiskey. Thank Yall very much.

This is only an extract that adds flavor to something like everclear to simulate the type of whiskey it is to try to mimick. It contains no whisky, just flavorings.

appleman said:
This is only an extract that adds flavor to something like everclear to simulate the type of whiskey it is to try to mimick. It contains no whisky, just flavorings.

Hmmm, now I am back to thinking it would be a nice addition to a mead.

Back