Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My kids are in the process of selling their house, buying a new one and moving. They are afraid timing won't be quite right and we're asking my wife and me if they could live with us for a bit, if it comes to that. I said the grandkids can stay as long as they want, I got a tent you can pitch outside. They didn't find that very funny.

"On Monday, May 1, let's visit Blue Run Rocks... [Gurnee, PA]"

I have never been there and that is about 10 miles from our place...looks like an interesting hike if the kids get bored when we're up that way in about a month. Has a place to get muddy, and a place to fall off of, perfect. My wife's question, "see any snakes"? She doesn't like them, even the harmless water snakes around the creek.

I have never been there and that is about 10 miles from our place...looks like an interesting hike if the kids get bored when we're up that way in about a month. Has a place to get muddy, and a place to fall off of, perfect. My wife's question, "see any snakes"? She doesn't like them, even the harmless water snakes around the creek.

The trail is an easy 3.5 miles. An out-an-back with just a little loop around the rocks. Just two easy stream crossings and the mud can be easily walked around if that's what you choose to do.

We didn't see any rattlers on this particular hike but we have on several others. Rocky areas in the woods is a good place to pay attention, to look and listen for snakes. I'm told this is especially true on south facing rocky areas.

For a really nice hike you could walk to the trail head and back from your cabin.

Last edited:
18274685_10154298220035981_949339809977769519_n.jpg

That must have taken forever. Nice work.

Thank you so much! You are too kind. Actually, it came together pretty quickly. This is for my wife's girlfriend. I spent a LOT of time planning the board (to maximize materials), but the actual construction went fast. However, you are speaking to a man who does not own a thickness planer, so there was a lot of flattening by belt sander involved.

I have about 12 oz. of mineral oil into that sucker already!

If you did that with a belt sander, you have a dang good hand@ Very smooth for a belt sander. What type of saw did you use to get those precise cuts?

Latest posts

Back