Register Now!

Pick a Wine Kit & Win a Wine Kit Giveaway

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Wine Making > General Wine Making Forum > Vacuum splash rack & oxidation

Old 04-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #31
vacuumpumpman
Vendor
WMT_SPONSOR.png

Aug 2011
Liked 756 Times on 555 Posts
Likes Given: 1692

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Thanks. No downside to down-the-side filling (pun somewhat intended ) but if it is too expensive/complicated to achieve versus splash filling, probably not the end of the world...
I think you should try it with some commercial wine and rebottle it with your idea - I believe you will find out that is why the commercial vacuum bottle fillers fill along the side, rather than straight down.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #32
fafrd

Feb 2017
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuumpumpman View Post
I think you should try it with some commercial wine and rebottle it with your idea - I believe you will find out that is why the commercial vacuum bottle fillers fill along the side, rather than straight down.
That's an interesting idea - thanks.

I was planning on testing with water but that's not going to let me understand how much difference there is with foaming and whether it's a problem for consistent fill level or not...