Greetings From Michigan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodwine

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

Nice to be here and "meet" everyone. I'm sorta new to the whole wine thing.

I got into in in a sort of backward way. I never really drank wine, but one day my wife and I decided to try making some wine and that is where I got hooked.

Now I'm tasting new wines all the time and just learning on the fly about the terms that are used. I really enjoy drinking wine now that I am able to recognize many of the subtle aromas and flavors.

I am also just getting started planting my own vineyard - still in the planning stages actually.

Anyhow very nice to be here and I hope to be able to add some good input and learn from everyone else here even more so.

Welcome! What part of MI are you in, parrents grew up in Alligan and Kalamazoo.
If you have any questions about both wine making and setting up your vineyard don't be afraid to ask. there are a lot of us doing both on the forum.

Welcome to the forum, Steve. The wine tasting/drinking/making thing sort of grows on you.

I live in Alger, MI which is Near West Branch, if you know where that is.......It's in North east Michigan about an hour North of Saginaw.

Looking forward to learning all that I can......the helpfulness is very much appreciated.

Welcome! What part of MI are you in, parrents grew up in Alligan and Kalamazoo.
If you have any questions about both wine making and setting up your vineyard don't be afraid to ask. there are a lot of us doing both on the forum.

Welcome to the forum, Steve. The wine tasting/drinking/making thing sort of grows on you.
No doubt about it - I didn't think it would be my thing, but I can't seem to get rid of it, so I might as well jump in with both feet!!

Thanks Ken - glad to see Michigan is represented here.

lol...yeah, we are, but still way outnumbered by missouri and pennsylvania.....unfortunately, though, our numbers are extremely far spread....i'm down in south eastern michigan....tri-county area....

Latest posts

Back