vinifera spray schedule

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebronze

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been busy moving from connecticut to arizona. I am now growing vinifera, Petite syrah to be exact and was wondering what the spray schedule might be. hoping someone growing in the southwest could clue me in as to what disease pressure I should expect and what to do about it. Would send a picture, but its been months and I forget how to do it. Thanks.

Hi all, I have been busy moving from connecticut to arizona. I am now growing vinifera, Petite syrah to be exact and was wondering what the spray schedule might be. hoping someone growing in the southwest could clue me in as to what disease pressure I should expect and what to do about it. Would send a picture, but its been months and I forget how to do it. Thanks.

Not sure where you are, but assuming it is dry,don't know of anywhere in AZ that isn't, you might consider just watching to see if you need to spray. Mildew may not be an issue and why spray if you don't have to. Other than mildew, I think you should see issues before they are bad enough to need to spray.

I'm in a dry spot with good air flow and, fingers crossed, no mildew in 7 years of growing. My pitot sir ah has pretty tight clusters but I keep the fruiting zone with minimal leaves and that helps. Of course in AZ you may need more leaf cover than I do.

Of course, your advice will come from local growers. If there are any winery/vineyards in the area, I find they are usually more than willing to share experience.

Thanks johnny. I suspected this would be easier than the other east. I'm in north Scottsdale.

Back