WineXpert wine kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessman

Junior
Reaction score
being somewhat new to this I am wondering if these wine kits I have been using truly make really good wine....everybody seems to like them but all the water you add seems a bit suspious to me.

I have done the Vitners reserve wine kits and all have worked beautifully but can I now graduate to maybe all juice wines? is there a big difference?

I have only done a few all juice wines and wasn't impressed with the results but that doesn't mean they aren't good.

Typically the larger the volume of the kit the better the wine it will make. The cost of the kit is also related to the volume because the ingredients are of better quality. Personally I think the 16 L kits are a great value for a middle of the road wine!

Try a Selection series kit and judge the quality of the wine it makes and decide for yourself if it is worth the extra money for the end result.

It all boils down to what you want from your wine...the cheapest kit...the best value...or the best wine you can make!

I use the following as a guide to the results from kits vompared to retail store prices:

7 liters - $10 bottle

15,16 liters - $15+ bottle

18 liter - $20 bottle

I will also add there are some really excellent buys hidden in the 7 liter kits, one being the Bourgeron Blanc, if you like fruit white wines.

I have only ever made the low-end kits and they seem to be very good to me, however I am not an expensive commercial wine drinker. I like $12 late harvest Gewurztraminer, and Sutter Home White Merlot.

my last kit (second in my wine career) is a 23ltr kit I don't like to
add water. One less thing to go wrong, but my Island mist kit looks
like it is going to be a hit so I will probably start another one as
soon as I bottle the one I am working on. I have to hurry, my water
gets earthy (read dirt) during mud season coming right up, happens to
coincide with maple season.
smiley1.gif

they sell wine for $10 a bottle?? Wow boones farm is only
2.99..lol what bothers me is I was reading the boones farm label
(looking for the vintage) and it says 0% fruit juice..
smiley21.gif
smiley7.gif

Stinkie, no telling what is in it. It turns my stomach. I puked all night once over a bottle of TJ Swan.

Scott, no I have not, but it is on my to do list right along with 2 colors of Icewein. I am not buying any Muscadines this year, so maybe with only my Blackberries to do, I will have enough time to do some kits.

Latest posts

Back