REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amount of gas this thing pulls out is incredible. I had a 1 gallon carboy of mead that has been racked a few times and had been sitting in the closet for a month.. I hooked a head space eliminator up to it and the amount of bubbles that came out of it when I applied vacuum blew my mind. I threw it back in the closet because clearly it was not ready yet. :)

I did bottle a couple other gallons of mead that same day and the pump worked perfectly. I've also used it to rack a few buckets into carboys so far and I never want to use the stupid siphon method again.

I'm loving this pump, it makes things so much easier.

Okay, took a month, but I dropped my break bleeder and the gauge that shows the amount of vacuum pulled doesn't work any more. So either I had to go get another gauge, which would require planning and travel, or I could sit on my duff and order an AllinOne. My paypal account is hooked up to my debit, so I could also tell my wife that I didn't buy it on credit, which made her happy. Now we just have to eat leftovers and things out of the freezer until I get paid Wednesday, which will open up space in the freezer for some used grape packs this Fall, so it was a win-win in my book.

Looking forward to degassing a few wines the easy way so I can open up carboys for this next wine making season.

If you haven't pulled the trigger and need to degas, you can borrow my brake bleeder. Or, I could just run the aio over.

Okay, took a month, but I dropped my break bleeder and the gauge that shows the amount of vacuum pulled doesn't work any more. So either I had to go get another gauge, which would require planning and travel, or I could sit on my duff and order an AllinOne. My paypal account is hooked up to my debit, so I could also tell my wife that I didn't buy it on credit, which made her happy. Now we just have to eat leftovers and things out of the freezer until I get paid Wednesday, which will open up space in the freezer for some used grape packs this Fall, so it was a win-win in my book.

Looking forward to degassing a few wines the easy way so I can open up carboys for this next wine making season.

Condolences, and Congrats!!

If you haven't pulled the trigger and need to degas, you can borrow my brake bleeder. Or, I could just run the aio over.

Trigger pulled, I think I'll be fine. Ended up doing a 9/11 service at Rock Chapel today, just got home to watch the 4th quarter of the Eagles game, nice to see they didn't kill my rookie quarterback. I can wait to bottle, probably could bottle now, but no need to rush it. I can always buy more carboys. I think I'll need another 6 gallon one, that way my "herd" will be up to 20.

Condolences, and Congrats!!

It still works, just have to guess at the amount of vacuum I'm pulling. I'll eventually get the gauge so that I can give it to one of my wine making buddies (either one of my brothers or Matt up the street from me who was going to do his first wine kit today, but got called into work).

Edit: Update...ordered the pump Saturday night, arrived at the house this afternoon (Wednesday). Had an email with the tracking number first thing on Monday...now that is great service. Woo hoo!

Last edited:
Trigger pulled, I think I'll be fine. Ended up doing a 9/11 service at Rock Chapel today, just got home to watch the 4th quarter of the Eagles game, nice to see they didn't kill my rookie quarterback. I can wait to bottle, probably could bottle now, but no need to rush it. I can always buy more carboys. I think I'll need another 6 gallon one, that way my "herd" will be up to 20.

It still works, just have to guess at the amount of vacuum I'm pulling. I'll eventually get the gauge so that I can give it to one of my wine making buddies (either one of my brothers or Matt up the street from me who was going to do his first wine kit today, but got called into work).

I still use mine. Pretty sure its about 10Hg off, but after using it for over a year before the AI1 purchase, I kind of have a feel for what it can and can't pull.

Used mine for the first time to bottle. I just got if for fathers day. Worked like a charm and I look forward to using it to rack and degas. I also just purchased the headspace eliminator. I had issues with headspace last year and as a first time winemaker i didn't appreciate how important it was to eliminate it. Also I emailed Steve and he immediate called me. Awesome product and awesome customer service.

I was going to wait until I used the AIO to bottle a batch, but I've watch @jgmann67 bottle a few batches rather quickly, so I know what the experience will be like, and don't want to get too sappy after bottling a batch on Saturday and imbibing too much vino.

I got my package yesterday, read the directions over quickly while making my own dinner (abandoned again), then went up and helped a neighbor mix up his first kit (Argentinian Malbec) and drink some wine (Spring 2015 Merlot blend). So this morning, got up, made kids lunches and breakfastes (two youngest ones), and knew I had about 1 1/2 hrs with minimal interruptions. So I decided to rack for the first time.

Started with the raspberry concentrate batch I made last winter that I broke the brake bleeder gauge on. Racked four times (want to bottle tomorrow or Saturday), then racked both of my Pinot Grigio batches from this Spring (racked to glass, then gravity racked back into their cleaned up better bottles). Cleaned up, made some coffee, had a good 15 or 20 minutes to spare before I had to take my daughter to the bus stop and go to work. This tool saves a bunch of time racking.

Only issue was that I really wanted to come home and rack all of my wines and bottle a few. Really easy to use (come on now, I can use it) and I was amazed watching the CO2 come out of the PG's which are only a few months old. Looking to get the filter setup so I can have those PG's ready for Christmas presents.

Other than grapes, yeast and carboys, by far the best tool I have to help make a batch of wine.

Edit: Had some spare time so decided I'd bottle a batch of Raspberry wine. Around 8 am started lugging the bottles/corks/floor corker and AIO from the basement. 8:05 paused to make my Son breakfast. 8:10 started filling bottles. 8:29 finished filling bottles and started corking. 8:45 rinsed corked bottles and hand dried. 9 am cleaned up AIO took corker etc to basement. 9:10 toasted a bagel for breakfast. 9:16 edited this post. Not bad for the first bottling with the AIO. Can't wait to degas and bottle a blueberry after the funeral I have to go to this morning.

Last edited:
5 yrs and counting on mine. I've finally out grown it for my grape wine (for racking) as I've graduated to FlexTanks but for my smaller batches of Mead and fruit wines it still runs like a champ and I work it hard! ;)

5 yrs and counting on mine. I've finally out grown it for my grape wine (for racking) as I've graduated to FlexTanks but for my smaller batches of Mead and fruit wines it still runs like a champ and I work it hard! ;)

It is great to hear that you had so many years of continuous use of the allinonewinepump !

I know that vacuum is not allowed in flex tanks -

Steve, question.

I'm assuming I can use the AIO to pump my free run juice from my brute fermenter before pressing, in your opinion, what is the best thing to put around my racking cane to keep it from clogging quickly?

Thanks,

Steve, question.

I'm assuming I can use the AIO to pump my free run juice from my brute fermenter before pressing, in your opinion, what is the best thing to put around my racking cane to keep it from clogging quickly?

Thanks,

I like using this method - It is a 6'' water main pipe with holes drilled thru it. Then a poly strainer bag over it with the racking cane inside to pull all the 1st run juice

DSCN1026 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

I like using this method - It is a 6'' water main pipe with holes drilled thru it. Then a poly strainer bag over it with the racking cane inside to pull all the 1st run juice

Okay, now thinking about it I remember a few mentioning that method. Last fall I "painted" the garage floor purple with free run juice, because I dumped it into my press a little too quickly. Was hoping I could get that juice out of there safely without adding to my purple floor mural. I think I have all of the raw materials on hand, which is good because I'm expecting to press with my butt bucket press next weekend. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Last edited:
Purchased my allinone about 2 1/2 months ago now and have to say, "why did I wait so long". I mainly purchased it so I didn't have to lift heavy carboys, but racking and bottling are a breeze now. Well worth the $. Thank you Steve for a great product and great support. This guy goes out of his way to make sure everything is right!

Jon

Had a full day today. Finally got my internet back up, though it's limping, but good enough to post this. Went for an excursion to Harford Vineyards which was quite enjoyable, groceries, beer, more groceries, gas for the tractor, cut and baled the yard, made two dinners, drank some beer, fixed the internet and visited with my younger brother (thanks to him my internet connection is somewhat stable) came downstairs to surf this site, saw two juice buckets, heard very little "blurps", looked up an saw my saviour, my AIO. Started at 9:15 pm, finished by 9:45 pm. Racked two juice buckets to carboys and cleaned up. Never would have done that without my time saver, the AIO. Thanks once again Steve.

If it seems like I'm gushing, I am. I just really try and find reasons to use it because it is so easy to use. Only problem is I can't finish a beer or glass of wine before it's done.

Thought about sleeping with it tonight, but I couldn't find a place for my wife to sleep. :h

I purchased the All in One Wine Pump a few months ago and have used it for racking several times. The amount of time this thing saves is incredible. You can rack a 5 or 6 gallon carboy in just a few minutes. It is done under vacuum which reduces exposure to air, and you do not have to move the carboys anywhere... there is no heavy lifting or risk of dropping carboys... very convenient.

Last weekend, I used the AIO for bottling for the first time. I practiced the bottling technique using water with about 4 bottles and then I had the hang of it. Once all of the hose connections are made and the unit is set up, place racking cane into the wine to be bottled, then you place the bottling attachment/stopper into an empty bottle, turn on the pump, and once the vacuum is established the flow of wine into the bottle begins. As it gets towards the top, you can lightly press the vacuum break button and it will slow the flow. Once the desired fill level is reached (or even if it goes above), you fully depress the vacuum break button and the fill level adjusts to the bottom of the fill tube... this provides a consistent fill level in each bottle. Then, you simply lift the bottling attachment/stopper off the bottle and place it into another empty bottle, let go of the vacuum break button and the flow begins again. I used Steve's suggestion and placed the bottles in a milk crate to keep them upright/stable while filling. This really worked great... it went very quickly and I literally barely lost a drop of the 18 gallons that I bottled.

In addition to the functioning of the unit, Steve provides top notch service for this product. He is very responsive and actually prefers to talk on the phone with you rather than email. He makes sure he understands and answers any questions you might have and offers very helpful suggestions. It is good to know that he stands behind his product and will be there to help with any issues/questions that might come up. Overall, this is hands down one of the best purchases I have made. It makes crucial winemaking tasks simple and convenient. Great product!

Thanks,
James

I really need people like JimmyH and others to do write articles for me !!

Thank you all, for spending your time writing a review to help others make their wine making easier.

I got a very good review from Daniel Pambianchi -
here is a link about him -

http://www.techniquesinhomewinemaking.com/home winemaking pambianchi.html

This is his review of the Allinonewinepump review -
http://www.techniquesinhomewinemaking.com/home winemaking product reviews.html

I had the opportunity to talk to Daniel -
I must say he is highly educated man, what I have noticed is his willingness to help out any home wine maker that posts a question or a concern on facebook. He is a very down to earth kind of person with a wealth of winemaking knowledge !

Received our All in one Wine Pump last night and put it straight to work racking two carboys! Worked fantastic, very straight forward and easy to use! Steve has been fantastic to deal with, from answering all our questions prior to ordering through to answering a couple questions we had last night prior to our first use! Great product with great customer service. Thanks Steve :)

Tracy & Brian in Alberta

Another satisfied user of the AllInOneWinePump. I just received it a few days ago, and have already racked eight 6 gallon batches to and fro with it. A big time saver, for sure.

I did make a rookie mistake with it. I was having trouble maintaining a vacuum seal when racking some sanitizer (the bung and the carboy neck were wet). Instead of drying them off, I pressed down on the bung while the pump was running. Big mistake, as the bung was sucked down below the neck of the carboy.

I emailed Steve via his website, and wouldn't you know it he called me probably a minute later. What customer service! Steve coached me through getting the bung out, and I was back in business. Talk about customer service!

Looking forward to bottling with the pump this spring. Buy one if you haven't already.

Latest posts

Back