Blackberry juice concentrate from homewinery.com

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both concentrates are started. I added around 9 lbs of sugar and my sg reading was right around 1.082. There was foam from stirring so I'll take better readings later befor pitching the yeast.

sg sounds about right Doug, did you buy the acid packet with it?

BTW - what is the difference between using this concentrate and buying frozen blackberry fruit that comes in a package at Walmart or Costco?

If only they could ship to Canada :'( I asked and they said no.
We need juice too! Beaver wine gets boring after a while... Any similar alternatives?

If only they could ship to Canada :'( I asked and they said no.
We need juice too! Beaver wine gets boring after a while... Any similar alternatives?

Get a US address, have them ship to you there and then take them across the border yourself, and hope that it's not illegal.:wy

Checked SG's again, 1.082 for black berry and 1.080 for blueberry. Pitched the yeast this am before I left for work. I'm guessing I'll have fermentation started when I get home.

We have been away for a few day boat trip, but had to reply. We love the Wine shop in Dundee Mi. Been buying from them for 3 years. Great service & GREAT pricing! Made two different batches of Blackberry, 4 of Cab, Blueberry, Elderberry. Last 2 still in carboys. We topped off our last batch of Blackberry with Blackberry Brandy, a full 750ml bottle, did that make a difference. It's only 9 mo. Old but it is excellent, shared it with 3 sets of friends & everyone raved about it!! Their Cab is also a good early drinker. Roy

Latest posts

Back