The great white wine competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great white and country wines contest

Like Johnt stated, the intent is to taste and judge your wines base on a standard in the industry, and the standards you set for yourself, and to engage in a feeling of family:db on this forum. We also want to keep it lite and friendly at all times.:h Don't worry you got a good chance of winning I'm not allowed to enter:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db let's make this a great wine contest all of you need to apply with in.:h

That is really your call. This is just to give the judges a "heads up" on just how sweet the wine is. I would say that a dry wine is 1% or less, a semi sweet is 4% or less, and a sweet (dessert wine) is anything above 4%. This is just a recommendation.

We will not be measuring the sugar so place the wine into the category that you feel best describes your wine.

Is it too late to enter ?

If not, I would like to join as well.

What size bottles ?

We are getting a good amount of interest in this competition.

Here is who we have so far..

CGALLAMO
CODEMAN
SAGE
IBGLOWIN
MISMOST
JOHNY99
JGMANN67
TONYR
SUZYWINEMAKER
BREWBUSH
HEATHERD
CEEATON
KRAFFTY
ROCKY
BOATBOY24
GEEK
RODNBORO
BARBIEK
vacuumpumpman
mennyg19
Neviawen

If I have missed anyone, please let me know.

Last edited:

OKAY ,SO FAR SO GOOD WHO ELSE IS IN? THIS ONE'S GOING TO BE A BIG ENTRÉE CONTEST,LET'S THIS BE :f1 THE FORUM AFFAIR OF THE YEAR,COME AND JOIN US IN CELEBRATING WINE MAKING AND OUR COMMUNITY.....OF WINE MAKERS EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE.

Last edited:

we are using the cal Davis system, you should get written feedback from the panel, JOHNT correct me if I'm wrong. Also some have asked about entering skeerter pee,as some call it ,NO, not a true wine classification there's no real way to judge it and NO.
Remember ,tasting and judging wines is all subjective ,there are standards by which we need to follow or will never get through it correctly. At least not standing up:ib

I think you have a valid point there Joe. If we did open to skeeter pee and dragons blood, I think we would have too many entries to get through. Perhaps we can save them for another competition.

All original scorecards will be returned along with any awarded medals.

Bernard, Let me know if you have interest and I will PM you the shipping info.

Keep those entrees coming so far so good..:HB

I think you have a valid point there Joe. If we did open to skeeter pee and dragons blood, I think we would have too many entries to get through. Perhaps we can save them for another competition.

So dragon blood is out!?

That's correct,if there are enough people out there in the DB style then it could be a contest say for the first of the year or so and DB people who know what to look for could judge correctly,got it?

That's correct,if there are enough people out there in the DB style then it could be a contest say for the first of the year or so and DB people who know what to look for could judge correctly,got it?

Oh well, I thought DB classified as a fruit wine... Anyway, good luck to everyone else!

Latest posts

Back