Corn Whiskey Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that was worth the wait - nice and clear. So what's the recipe?

I'll put up the recipe when I staret the next batch when local corn comes in. Then I can post a few pictures of each step (I hope). I don't know why the last picture worked but it did. It's a bit large but I don't know how to change it. So it is what it is. I'll try to send some more now. Go back to the explanations I typed in for the pictures before. I'm tired of re-typing everything if this doesn't work.
20100613_170111_Ferment_table_e.JPG
20100613_171346_Corn_Whiskey_bo.JPG

this sounds interesting and I'm trying to figure out what corn whiskey wineis - is itbasicallya corn wine or do you actually include whiskey?

I don't have the recipe in front of me but if I remember right it's just about the same as corn wine with a bunch of peppercorns thrown in the mix when it is fermenting. That gives it a bit more taste. I tried both and I think the corn whiskey wine tastes better. When I start a new batch I'll put up the recipe and pictures of each step. I got the recipe from the "purple" book. It's such a pain getting it to clear. That last batch still had a little haze to it but I didn't think it was bad enough to start the clearing process again. Besides every time it's racked you have to add a bit of water to top it off. That cut's down on the alcohol content. We wouldn't want to do that!

Try using more pectic enzyme next time, it usually will remove a stubborn haze and the additional enzymes will settle out with no taste at all.

The last 2 batches was 13%. I don't remember any problems with fermentation stopping. I could probably push it to 13.5% but I had a problem with a 13% batch of apple wine I had for thanksgiving dinner last year. I didn't remember eating.

Latest posts

Back