Basement Beginnings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo

Reaction score
Left to right: Banana, Lemon, Peach, Strawberry, and Blueberry.

Wine Racks and sinkforthcoming!

Looks like you have a good start jojo. I wishI had a basement like that. Keep the pictures coming as you progress.

How long before you will start bottling?

Thanks! I reserved this one corner just for wine/beer making. The banana is ready to bottle now. It's real clear. The others need more racking and time. I'm not sure about the temperature down there during the fall and winter months. My next step is to route pipes for the sink. Some garage cabinets maybe too.

Looks good and the addition of a sink will definitely help. I know when I added mine it made all the difference in the world...no more lugging stuff up and down the stairs and making a mess in the kitchen.

I am beginning to find out that I am blessed with a basement and a dedicated place to make and store my wines, beer and meads!

masta said:
...no more lugging stuff up and down the stairs and making a mess in the kitchen.

My big fear is droppingone on the stairs.
smiley36.gif

Looks good jpjp, Like the others I wish I had a basement. I had one when I lived in NY, but here in GA. they don't build basements just slabs. Just a note, I work part time in an ACE hardware store and we carry a molded deep plastic or composit sink which is perfect for a wine cellar. Not very expensive and very strong. Easy to hook up also. Although stainless is nice, you might look into these sinks at your local stores. They are about 25 inches deep also.

Bill

Good advice Bill...that is exactly the type of sink I have and it works great! I think I bought mine at Home Cheapo!

thanks bill. i'm thinking some of the local restaurant supply stores might have a stainless. it sure would be nice to have a big one. the home depot has a plastic kit for 60 bucks. its plenty big but is just the tub.

Latest posts

Back