Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddie

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is eddie and I have been making wine for a while but not very scientific. I just put some black berries and sugar and water in a big churn, threw in some yeast and let it go for about three weeks or so and then strained out the berries and added more sugar and let it work more and then poured it through a cheese cloth and bottled it. Course the corks blew out and I had to recork it. I was telling Bill B about it (he is a friend and belongs to this forum) and he explained that what I made was not wine. Course I did not agree with him cause it had a kick and was sweet to drink and it was made the "old fashioned way" I have a lot to learn and I am looking forward to talking with some great wine makers and learning your secrets. If you refer to me as that dumb ol Ga boy I won't get mad cause I am dumb about wine making

Hi eddie and welcome. Glad you decided to join in on a great forum. Yes you made wine, all Im trying to do is round out the rough edges. (lol) Many good folks here hope you enjoy the forum.

Bill

Welcome Eddie!

Do yourself a huge favor and read some winemaking books and Jack Keller's 2 websites. You will be glad you did!

Welcome to the forum Eddie. Glad to have you as a member. Hippie is right. Do some good research on wine making. Be in by book or on the internet.

Welcome Eddie and I concur on the research and learning the correct steps in being successful with all your wine making.

Just bottled some ass kicking Muscadine with ol billb's help. Now this is "scientific" wine. (don't taste bad either)

Latest posts

Back