How to Fill a Wine Bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go to the dictionary for that one. At first I thought it was misspelled and should have been "muda" or Japanese for waste!

My Boun Vino Bottle Filler is junk, just won't shut off, no adjustment works. Tried it with water to try to get the adjustment to work and no way. Good thing the vacuum pump bottle catches the overflow.

My Boun Vino Bottle Filler is junk, just won't shut off, no adjustment works. Tried it with water to try to get the adjustment to work and no way. Good thing the vacuum pump bottle catches the overflow.

Same problem I had, mentioned it in a different thread after starting this one.

I wonder if they had a bad batch?

What do you have the pump set at. You can n ot bring the pump over like 5" or it just has oo much vacum and the filler wont shut off.

Yes, the wand displaces the right of wine for any size bottle. I have used it on 375ml to magnums, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Bellissima and Port. The only problem is with extremely deeply punted bottles. With those you have to balance the want on top of the punt to get the spring to retract. It's hard to explain but I love the very heavy thick glass, deeply punted bottles best. So I have gotten decent at balancing the want on the top of some punts.

BTW I have the Farrari thing . . . it's merda.

My filler wand does not have a spring closing mechanism. It just relies on gravity to close the stopper but I had the same problem when filling a bottle with a large punt. I was able to correct this by tapering down the two plastic legs at the bottom of the wand so now it fits all the way down to the bottom of the punt.

Mine wouldn't "pop up" but it did stop filling when it got to the bottom of the filler tube. A little would go into the overflow canister. It was about 1/2 full when I had finished my 30 bottles.

I originally had a buon vino filler, but it leaked all over the place. I probably should have sent it back for a replacement, but bought the Ferrari filler instead for $14.00. I have probably bottled 500 bottles or so with this and have been happy with it.

What do you have the pump set at. You can n ot bring the pump over like 5" or it just has oo much vacum and the filler wont shut off.

Wade, I set the vacuum down as low as possible to just draw the wine through the filler and control the flow by vacuum. I have the autostop screw adjustment out all the way and it just will not shut off automaticly. I have to manually pull up on it when the wine starts to go into the overflow/vacuum line. I've practiced and bottled a lot of water trying to make the auto shutoff work. It is less of a mess than other fillers I've used, just because the vacuum catches the overflow.

I have almost always had to assist in pulling up the top. I don't mind though as my hand is already on it ready to move it to the next bottle. As soon as I feel the pressure of it wanting to pop, I assist it. Still the best filler out there for under $50.00

I guess I'm just critical because it's advertised as automatic shutoff and it's not.

Have you guys tried lubing it up? Mine works like a charm and has done so for a few years now. Here we go again but I use KY liquid.

Oh yea, we all, cough, cough use that....... :)

damanskis-KY-Burning-Lube-e10692320.jpg

I keep a bottle just for my wine and that room is NO where near the "OTHER" room so those 2 bottles will never get mixed up! LOL :)

Mike, if its thick Id say no. The lube I use is actually very very thin and will get in to any little crevice no problem. Its also very slippery!!!!!

Just saying tat anything like Vaseline will actually make it worse and not better.

Have you guys tried lubing it up? Mine works like a charm and has done so for a few years now. Here we go again but I use KY liquid.

So you are telling me to go to a store, in a small town in Tennessee where everyone knows everyones business, and buy some KY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back