What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
racking 6 gallons blackberry port to secondary
racking 3 gallon test batch pineapple to secondary
laying in pool, sucking on dragon blood.

This is what I put together after staining and painting. I have to touch up some spots because it was to hot and humid in the garage where I did it and parts look gooberish. One more to do.

image-245898780.jpg

stabilized and sweetened my Rasp/Merlot
started a WE Roja Diablo
Made traditional Eastern European Goulash and a couple of "dumplings." Basically a loaf of bread that is cooked over steam instead of baked in the oven.

BC

Going to be racking and sweetening the DragonAde. It's the same recipe for DB but used half lime and half lemon juice. It's the 6 gallon picture. And also want to bottle the Cranberry Blackberry. It's the three gallon picture.

image-2401101316.jpg

image-556143474.jpg

going crabbing to get blue crabs for dinner
going shrimping to get shrimp for dinner
going fishing to get fish for dinner
going to fridge for more dragon blood....

This is what I'm doing this tonight:

1. I'm preparing 6 bottles of different wines to submit for competition for the Minnesota State Fair - Completing registration (https://competition.mnstatefair.org/login.lasso) and preparing labels
  2. I'm practicing my wine making skills by doing two wines simultaneously: 1 gallon of Blueberry Bliss and 6 gallons of Vintner Reserve Coastal White.
  3. Enjoying a glass of Italian Chianti

Last edited:
This is what I'm doing this week.

1. I'm preparing 6 bottles of different wines to submit for competition for the Minnesota State Fair - Completing registration (https://competition.mnstatefair.org/login.lasso) and preparing labels
  2. I'm practicing my wine making skills by doing two wines simultaneously: 1 gallon of Blueberry Bliss and 6 gallons of Vintner Reserve Coastal White.
  3. Enjoying a glass of Italian Chianti
may i have your blueberry bliss recipe?

No Kidding Jim, just got home. Tasted 93 different wines tonight. The very sad thing was, how many bad wines there were. I am talking oxidized and other common faults. These are the wines folks are showcasing.

I racked 4 cases of beer, 10 gallons, thank god for the All In One Pump!
The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel ale that I made using a used whisky barrel turned out great! I am surprised at just how potent it is, I had a glass of the beer that was left in the barrel to age for just under two months...WOW!!!! Just about seeing double....LMAO!!!

I racked 4 cases of beer, 10 gallons, thank god for the All In One Pump!
The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel ale that I made using a used whisky barrel turned out great! I am surprised at just how potent it is, I had a glass of the beer that was left in the barrel to age for just under two months...WOW!!!! Just about seeing double....LMAO!!!
Tom,
How big is that used whisky barrell? How big was the batch?

Latest posts

Back