What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if I can get my basement permitted as a bonded winery. My friend that has the meadery got his basement permitted and he was in a town (non-commercial). I'm going to look into that, but I will be kicked out of the winery when the wife is on the treadmill (located in the winery) training for the Pittsburgh half marathon.

The Pittsburgh half marathon is run outside, no? So there is no better place to train than outside. :)

(let us know what the wife throws at you when you mention that to her)

I'm wondering if I can get my basement permitted as a bonded winery. My friend that has the meadery got his basement permitted and he was in a town (non-commercial). I'm going to look into that, but I will be kicked out of the winery when the wife is on the treadmill (located in the winery) training for the Pittsburgh half marathon.

I think that would largely depend on your local zoning and ordinances first and foremost.

Just realized that I need to go out this evening and get a present for a birthday party tomorrow. Last thing I wanted to have to do is go out in this crap today. Roads in our community are about horrendous right now. Hopefully it will get better. I'm thinking any 6 y/o would just love cash in a card.....

(let us know what the wife throws at you when you mention that to her)[/QUOTE said:
Oh I don't have to mention that to get her to throw stuff at me.

Working from the home office the second half of the day. Time to put the carboys outside for some cold stabilization....

Snow looks to be done here, just finished shoveling my driveway, walks and the sidewalks of my 3 neighbors. Did that routine 2 other times today to keep ahead of the falling snow.

Snow is finishing here. I think I'll go out and fan it off the driveway. Another dusting...

Finally bottled the CC Sterling Merlot this morning. I started it in June thinking it'd give me something to drink while the other stuff aged. It just took a while to come around. A dose of Tancor Grand Cru right after Thanksgiving perked it up though.

Starting my second Red Mountain Trio in a few. I'm going to ferment this one with D254.

After leaving my carboys outside last night, I ended up with about an inch of crystals on the bottom of each carboy. I'll need to bring them in one by one and do some racking.

Oddly, there were woman's footprints around the carboys and a familiar red jeep left tracks in my driveway. How strange....

Bill I would not rack yet. They should be left out for at least 10 days at temps below 28*. If temps get 15-18* then you can be concerned about temps. Just keep an eye on them.

But Dan, the temps are going into the 50's this week. So much for the cold stabilziing by mother nature.

Temps are going into the 30's on Monday, so I'll bring them in then.

You won't believe it. I'm watching Roy Rogers. Haven't seen it in 40 years. Oh yeah, putting my new corker together also in preperation for tomorrow, printing labels and setting bottles a side.

You won't believe it. I'm watching Roy Rogers. Haven't seen it in 40 years. Oh yeah, putting my new corker together also in preperation for tomorrow, printing labels and setting bottles a side.

What new corker?

And Bill I would do like Dan said what until it does reach 50's, I can't believe you are believing a weatherman!

Sitting in Rome, Italy... sipping on some local!! Montepulciano and Galioppo reds that are dirt cheap and would put next to anything on the shelf in the US! Need pics to prove??

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

I am Army stationed in Germany.... My family; Wife Ashley, her mother Jan, and our 1 year old Leyna...one in the oven too!!!

Back