1st batch information

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Premedwine

Junior
Reaction score
first off thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond or any info giving its greatly appreciated.

I'm using 1 can of vintners harvest blackberry puree net wight 3lbs 1 oz I want to make 1 gallon of wine.

7 pints water
2 1/4 sugar
1/2 tsp acid blen
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp nutrient
1 campden crushed
and 1 package of wine yeast (red star montrachet active dry wine yeast)

I plan to start today or tomorrow. plan is to put everything in the fermentation bucket let it sit for 24 hours then add yeast putting the lid back on with a thin cloth over the hole to allow oxygen in for the first stages of fermentation. stir daily and wait for my fermentation to reach 1.030 S.G. then syphon into my 1 gallon primary glass carboy with airlock then wait to S.G drops to 1.000. Re siphon again in about 2 months.

I want a wine thats on the sweeter side. Its my understanding i can make it sweeter before bottling with dissolved sugar and potassium sorbate.

Is this a good plan. I will welcome any changes that could make this better. once again thank you for any info or tips. I have everything ready to go i just want a solid plan before i start. thank you

The only thing I can see wrong that you could do different, is make 6 gallons instead of 1, as that will go so fast!

You are correct about back sweetening, but would not until you are done bulk aging (6 + months)

You may not need the acid blend--best to take a PH reading of the must and adjust as needed. We set our PH on blackberry to around 3.4

Latest posts

Back